• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I went to adventure outdoors today...

If I go in there when Im up that way .
I go in expecting crap to happen.
I dont ask for help ever.
I find what I want .
I find the proper checkout lane .
I walk to the exit and show my receipt an have my bag open.
I walk out and exhale.

If I go in.
For the most part, I have learned to not expect much. That way, I am rarely disappointed.

I remember when AO first started as a small pawn shop in Smyrna run by Jay W.
I was a pre-teen kid and my oldest brother was decent friends with him , I would see him once or twice a month at the least….most of the time weekly.
It was no bigger than a small efficiency apartment in a corner of a shopping center….but grew into the biz it is today.
It is dang sure a far cry from the original. Still an ok place as far as goods, prices, etc., although I don’t have any info on the folks employed there now or even if he is still involved.
I haven’t been through the doors in years now. No real reason to go since it has lost the “small neighborhood shop” feel that it once was. Supply and low prices can be found in various places. As far as I am concerned, they offer nothing I can’t find in most any place.
Sadly, the “Old school” - small shop feel has disappeared among just about everywhere you turn now. I wish that would come back among good gun shops. Not holding my breath about it.
(I am sure someone will be along to disagree with me or tell me how wrong I am the way things have been lately, lol)
I bought some deer stands and camo from that store probably 20 years ago. I’ve never been to the new store

I went to adventure outdoors today... Yes I should know better, but I did it anyway and they didn't disappoint.

Was looking at a dissipator that must have been made during the assault weapons ban. The individual trying to show me the weapon and educate me on it said " the magazine well would only accept single stack AR mags and it wouldn't be able to hold more than five rounds"
I asked if I could see one of those Daniel defense new production 30 round AR mags. I then inserted it into the dissipator and we just stood there looking at each other for a minute. I didn't have the heart to tell him he was a buffoon. I don't know why but most of the staff should be not anywhere near firearms more or less sell them.

Next I went over to the ammo section. A young man I'd seen earlier was filling out a 4473 to buy a 1924 Mosin. It was almost $500 but wasn't good condition. The gun runner who takes the weapons from the counter to the register was helping him locate ammo. I don't know whose mom is working up at adventure outdoors but the lady did not have a clue about the ammo type. She tried handing them a box of Winchester white box 7.62x51. The poor kid had no idea she was handing them the wrong stuff. I wasn't going to let this poor kid hurt himself or ruin his rifle or waste his money so I spoke up. I located a box of 54r for him. And gave the lady a look of how can you be this incompetent and what are you doing here.

I get it. No one knows it all. But holy hell it ain't that hard. The lack of knowledge, unprofessionalism, and arrogance from the staff is astounding. If you don't know the answer say you don't know. And then try and locate somebody who does have the knowledge to answer the question correctly.

It's very troubling how many people they probably screw over or hurt because of their incompetence. I was probably in the store for 20 minutes and these are the things I observed and experienced.
In this life it pays to know your ****, if u are paying u should do the research ! Lots of bull **** out there

You should try Dahlonega gold & pawn Ken and his staff are great prices are awesome. Only 10 customers in the shop at a time don’t bother me at all I have met some good people waiting in line.

I like them. Unfortunately it's a bit of a drive from Marietta

If I go in there when Im up that way .
I go in expecting crap to happen.
I dont ask for help ever.
I find what I want .
I find the proper checkout lane .
I walk to the exit and show my receipt an have my bag open.
I walk out and exhale.

If I go in.
This is the way!! If you want a deal you just gotta shop around. Needed a p322 and stopped in and they had it, it was also $100-$200 dollars less than anywhere else i could find it. Which shocked the hell out of me. With that said their process is long and drawn out but when you can find a deal and the item in stock sometime you have to bite the bullet.

Back
Top Bottom