• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I now see why you all hate Adventure Outdoors!!!!

I've said this before, the people who haven;t been to AO in the last year are usually the ones who dog it the most.

All large stores have their good and bad days, but AO has improved a lot recently.

I worked at Adventure outdoor in College, a long time ago, several buildings ago. They are not perfect and I have bought more from Cherokee Pawn than Adventure over the past few years. I will give you a few good reasons to shop there:
1. Great family run business by a great family.
2. Freaking huge selection.
3. Generally very good prices.
4. Jay Wallace, the owner, has done more and spent more to protect your second amendment rights than probably anyone else you will ever meet.
5. Michael Bloomberg sued them because they are awesome.
6. You know the gun you are buying hasn't been molested by every goofball that just watched the latest "Fast and Furious" movie and wants to know how a gun feels.

When I worked behind the gun counter the vast majority of yahoos that came in were just there to look, no intention of ever buying. Some came in regularly and would literally take hours of a salesman's time. Once this happened while GA/FLA was on TV in the background and I missed the Bulldawgs whipping on the Gaytors. They have to be selective about the time they spend and the liberty they allow you to take with their merchandise. Imagine the liability of owning a store that large that sells guns. I will always remember handing a $4000 O/U shotgun to a man, who got distracted and dropped it on the ground. Absolutely ruined the gun. Have fun, shop where ever, I prefer to shop on ODT over anywhere else, but I am not going to bash those places that don't suit my tastes.

Back
Top Bottom