• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I need help!!!

Yes, that's normal. Nothing to worry about.

The brass to the head problem is the extractor. It's a well known, well documented problem with some 19's. Glock knows about it, won't admit to it, but will fix it.

Take it to Glock in Smyrna, Mon-Fri during normal business hours. Pull up to the guard shack, explain why you're there, and they'll walk you thru the process. Take your mags and everything. It usually takes 45 minutes or so to service your gun, and they'll do it while you wait. If you want night sites, they'll install those, as well. Cost is $57 or so installed. They will also put an extended mag release and/or extended slide release on the gun for free upon request. I'd recommend the extended slide release, but not the mag release, but that's just me.

I don't get that. They know the problem exists and have a fix for it yet they put out guns without the fix...for a problem that exists but not officially. Perfektion.

I think they lube glocks with fairy dust before they ship em out there's golden sparkles everywhere
Leave that lube in there and don't add any more. Shoot it until it's all but gone. Does your 19 exhibit this behavior with all of the mags?

Does anyone know if I have to make an appointment with Glock before I go up there on Tuesday?
You do not need an appointment, just stop at guard house/gate, have pistol unloaded and all mags empty. The guard will direct you to reception area where armorer will come and collect your pistol and repair/enhance it. You can wait there or go get lunch or dinner. They will call you on your cell if you want when it is ready. I work about 15 minutes from there and have several Glocks. I usually drop one off when I leave work and come back the next day to pick it up. Never had a problem with any of the ones I have, but they all need extended slide release IMHO. don't know why they don't put these on to start with.

How long does my warranty last or is there no warranty? You can just keep taking your glock up there for free?
Pretty much. I've had old Glock brand night sights replaced for free. Old nonmetal lined mags replaced for free. They've practically rebuilt three pistols of mine for free because the parts were "not the latest". I've heard of them replacing cracked frames with brand new guns. They are awesome. And yes, I did see the blond armorer but she did not work on my pistol

Back
Top Bottom