• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I need help!!!

Okay here's something I've noticed I'm not sure if this is normal or not. Once you take your glock apart you will notice there's a notch on the barrel where the spring goes into it's almost asif it clips in there it's U shaped. Well once I put the spring back in the right part and put the gun back together and then take it apart again the spring has moved a tad bit up is this normal

Okay here's something I've noticed I'm not sure if this is normal or not. Once you take your glock apart you will notice there's a notch on the barrel where the spring goes into it's almost asif it clips in there it's U shaped. Well once I put the spring back in the right part and put the gun back together and then take it apart again the spring has moved a tad bit up is this normal

I'm not being mean...but is this your first pistol?

Yes, that's normal. Nothing to worry about.

The brass to the head problem is the extractor. It's a well known, well documented problem with some 19's. Glock knows about it, won't admit to it, but will fix it.

Take it to Glock in Smyrna, Mon-Fri during normal business hours. Pull up to the guard shack, explain why you're there, and they'll walk you thru the process. Take your mags and everything. It usually takes 45 minutes or so to service your gun, and they'll do it while you wait. If you want night sites, they'll install those, as well. Cost is $57 or so installed. They will also put an extended mag release and/or extended slide release on the gun for free upon request. I'd recommend the extended slide release, but not the mag release, but that's just me.

Last edited:
That was a problem a few (3 to 5) years ago. I see quite a few new Glocks at my range in classes most every month but haven't seen that problem in awhile.

The two class "loaner" 4th Gen. G-19's that I bought before switching over from the Gen. 3's several years ago both had the old style ejector (not extractor). They would eject the spent casings right into the shooters face or forehead.
After changing the extractor & tweaking other parts the problem still remained. After researching it I determined it was a prevalent problem way back then on most Gen. 4's. I called Glock, told them about the problem, & since I was a Glock armorer they sent me two new ejectors for my guns & two for one of my friend/ students guns. After swapping them out w/ the new "angled" ejector it was corrected.

If they were close by, I would take it by & have them check it. Should be a quick, simple fix.

Okay guys, So I just went out today and purchased a BRAND NEW Glock 19 Gen 4. I just went out and put 100rounds through it with no problem at all except everytime the empty shell casing would extract from the gun it would hit me in the head or on the forearm. Please help me I just spent so much money on this gun and i'm very unpleased with this
Ahh haha that's funny

Back
Top Bottom