• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I must have missed something!

Not paying a cent to be a supporter. Nope. Have a good reason not to, and I'll just leave it at that.

What's this grandfathered in stuff?
I don't remember the date but there was a "if you join up before this day, it's a lifetime thing." Truth be told though, it's not a lifetime thing...mine expires 9/15/2036. If I'm not still around then, someone bump this thread and quote this post and pour out some malt liquor for me.

Should be a once in a lifetime thing. Does paying make the ads go away? I don't mind the current ads. They're not intrusive and I actually click on some of them.

th8X387NJB.jpg
I'm a supporter, I support my family

Usually peruse here daily some, not as much as others(Notables)..haha, but I have noticed the following trends:

New folks giving out their personal information in classified threads, phone numbers...etc

Mosin inflation, 2-400.00? Russian importers pissed at us?

Increase in "nonsense" threads, hypotheticals, what would you do if?

Degradation of the English language not only grammatically but proper usage also.

An increase in asking offers of USED firearms with no pics priced 20% above what Buds charges for new ones.

Non supporters increasing.

Shorter tempers, longer pissing contests.

Buying something without a single picture, "I'll take it" means nothing.

New, but no box

Thin skinned adolescents.

Decrease in use of PM"s

Migration of craigslist quality postings.

Offering vehicles for sale for which you do not have the title in seller's name, selling for a friend....

Testing the waters, putting out feelers....

Less" deals"

Maybe I am just nostalgic but I do miss the good ole days when these trends were at a minimum here. I know, I know...dead horses. The carcasses still stink as they lay there...lol

Ok, fire away boys.
I can piss for a long time but it's due to my enlarged prostate.

Sorry hate to pile on here and we are beating a very dead horse...but a used Glock is not worth $550 or $600 and trading for a Sig, HK or quality 1911 is not a fair trade. I love Glocks, but sheesh its a Glock; new ones can be bought for the less than $550 and with the Blue Label program they can be easily be bought new far cheaper than that. Why would I buy a used one with a smiley or some holster wear for $550? It's used therefore not as valuable as a new one. I feel better; thank you.

Sorry hate to pile on here and we are beating a very dead horse...but a used Glock is not worth $550 or $600 and trading for a Sig, HK or quality 1911 is not a fair trade. I love Glocks, but sheesh its a Glock; new ones can be bought for the less than $550 and with the Blue Label program they can be easily be bought new far cheaper than that. Why would I buy a used one with a smiley or some holster wear for $550? It's used therefore not as valuable as a new one. I feel better; thank you.

Lol I was at a gun store the other day and they had a used Gen 3 17 for $379.99. That's a used Glock price... Not all this stuff.

I don't remember the date but there was a "if you join up before this day, it's a lifetime thing." Truth be told though, it's not a lifetime thing...mine expires 9/15/2036. If I'm not still around then, someone bump this thread and quote this post and pour out some malt liquor for me.

In anticipation.....

Back
Top Bottom