• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I must have missed something!

Speaking only for myself here, but sometimes I list things for what I want, not always what I'll take. You guys do realize you can make offers? I'll start lowballing myself when people start offering more than the listed price. I'd rather one run a few relist cycles than to have 20 "I'll take it!!!!" msgs 5 minutes after I list something. Sellers want a good deal too! Another factor, sometimes guns aren't available new anymore. The ads you see popping up showing one sold 8 years ago for 200 less means nothing in the real world. Please check the dates on ads when comparing prices.

I asked a gentleman from Sparta about his prices. I received this in reply:

Every one of my prices are based on the same book that every gun dealer in America uses to price their used guns...that publication is The Blue Book of Gun Values...it lists MSRP prices and prices based on the condition of the piece...My prices are within that range...there is no way that I can compete on new prices as gun factories utilize the services of distributors to get the guns sold and delivered to their dealers...If their inventory is not moving, they will offer it to the dealer at a cheaper price and of course they pass it on to their customers...I am sorry that you think that I am high in prices but just remember that the gun shop is collecting 7% sales tax and keeping a record and recording that info with Washington, D.C. I personally do not think Obama should know about our gun buying habits...

Back
Top Bottom