• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I have a question?

In Cartersville?
If you aren't at or near $20an hour -$800week -$40,000year and you have 9 years?
Can you pass a drug test?
Then you need to look around for something else.

Mohawk/Shaw and several others in that area pay $17 with no experience.
Some of the jobs in plant are over $20

The test is only $35 but there is a class you can take to pretty much guarantee you pass for $750. Yeah i don’t make 30k

By that you are saying you make in excess of 30K a year? You can easily do better even without the license. Get the license ASAP and you WILL have more opportunity.

If I read your comment wrong and you are not making 30K? Find another line of work, the economy is white hot now, never been a better building market than what we are seeing today for the trades. Anyone that is worth a flip is booked weeks out.

30K per year is 15 bucks an hour, btw.

In Cartersville?
If you aren't at or near $20an hour -$800week -$40,000year and you have 9 years?
Can you pass a drug test?
Then you need to look around for something else.

Mohawk/Shaw and several others in that area pay $17 with no experience.
Some of the jobs in plant are over $20
Yes to all of your questions. Hell if I made $800 a week that would be the best thing since sliced bread.

By that you are saying you make in excess of 30K a year? You can easily do better even without the license. Get the license ASAP and you WILL have more opportunity.

If I read your comment wrong and you are not making 30K? Find another line of work, the economy is white hot now, never been a better building market than what we are seeing today for the trades. Anyone that is worth a flip is booked weeks out.

30K per year is 15 bucks an hour, btw.
Yeah I make less than 30k a year

Don't mean to sound harsh, but $30k per year is roughly $15/hr so if you're not even making that with a family to sustain, you need to apply yourself a bit more, especially if you know a trade and are good at it.
Well here is the thing, my dad owns the company and he always says I use to make less than 30k a year and we raised you and your brother. But he just doesn’t understand that times have changed and 30k isn’t as much as it used to be. I promise you I bust my ass everyday at work. But talking to him is a lot like talking to a brick wall. Idk it’s like I’m stuck in between a rock and a hard place on this.

Well here is the thing, my dad owns the company and he always says I use to make less than 30k a year and we raised you and your brother. But he just doesn’t understand that times have changed and 30k isn’t as much as it used to be. I promise you I bust my ass everyday at work. But talking to him is a lot like talking to a brick wall. Idk it’s like I’m stuck in between a rock and a hard place on this.
Might be time to gracefully bow out of the family business. It's not personal, you just deserve a higher salary for your experience level.

Your dad owns a company and he doesn't recognize inflation? :wacko: If you were making $30k in 1980, you were living well. Today, it's just beyond fast-food wages. Why are you stuck? Your dad is not the only plumber in town so go work for someone else. Save up and get your license. $750 is a tiny investment in your future.

Back
Top Bottom