• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

$7500 in a dividend stock, where?

that's easy...if you have $1,000,000....kidding...
Truist pays good, as does exxon, dow....cvs was real big, until they were not....dividends change, so, maybe not look for the highest, BUT the most enduring....dividends are taxable as well...hard to get around that too...

How old are you and what is your goal for that $7500? If this is money you’ll invest and not touch for at least 7-10 years, put it all in $VOO and forget about it.

If this is your emergency fund money, put it in a HYSA or MMF in a Roth.

If somewhere in between, put it in $SCHD and forget about it.

dividends are reinvested, not taxed until withdrawn. And these mutual funds focus on consistent high payers, not questionable companies.

Depends if you DRIP the dividends or pull them out to spend.

That said op check out what you’re trying to do. Dividends make sense if you’re later in the game and need some money coming in but the stock seldom grows as they are literally giving you the excess profits rather than reinvesting.

I rarely buy single stocks anymore and like the mutual funds/ etfs/ index's for my goals. ill share some that I currently hold that pay a dividend. Please do your own research on each of these and decide if they align with your goals/ risk tolerance.

FXAIX
SCHD
FFRHX
FAGIX
FSPGX
XYLD
QYLD

I would go with an ETF like SCHD,VOO,SPY to be safer but there are some good indviduals like CAT,Coke,Visa,wells fargo,P&G. Smith and Wesson has been good to me. I go by the Warren Buffet school of investing. Go with companies you know and understand.

Back
Top Bottom