• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I have a question?

I dint think trying to better yourself and make a better life for your family is stabbing your dad in the back.
I mean it’s not but if I went to work for another plumbing company in town that is just how it feels. Now if I went to work doing something completely different it would be a different story. But like I said I come to like doing plumbing and it is all I’ve ever done.

I mean it’s not but if I went to work for another plumbing company in town that is just how it feels. Now if I went to work doing something completely different it would be a different story. But like I said I come to like doing plumbing and it is all I’ve ever done.
Well, if you feel that it would be disloyal to your dad, and you think he would receive it that way as well, then have an honest conversation with him laying out your perspective and your needs for your family. If he understands, maybe he will up your wage, if he doesn't then you are vindicated of the feeling of backstabbing your dad since you made every attempt to stay and take care of your family.

Well, if you feel that it would be disloyal to your dad, and you think he would receive it that way as well, then have an honest conversation with him laying out your perspective and your needs for your family. If he understands, maybe he will up your wage, if he doesn't then you are vindicated of the feeling of backstabbing your dad since you made very attempt to stay and take care of your family.
Thank you, that is what I’m going to do. We are just all tired of barely getting by

I can't believe he won't pay for you to get licensed. That's one of the things fathers should do for their sons future.

I'm sure there are plumbing companies working in the Marietta area who'd be happy to give you job. Not a terrible commute, and far enough away to not be face to face competition with your father.

You need a living wage and your license. If he won't help you get both, it's time to take charge of your own life.

I can't believe he won't pay for you to get licensed. That's one of the things fathers should do for their sons future.

I'm sure there are plumbing companies working in the Marietta area who'd be happy to give you job. Not a terrible commute, and far enough away to not be face to face competition with your father.

You need a living wage and your license. If he won't help you get both, it's time to take charge of your own life.
Yeah I know it. At one point he said he would pay for it but then he called the instructor and he said the class was full and then he never mentioned paying for it again. Yeah I’m gonna sit down and have a talk with him and if I get no where I will be finding another job. Hell I think high school kids working at the chick-fil-a make more than I do

Just to add a bit more perspective.....My buddies and I own about 40 rental homes in Macon. We all use the same plumber(s). Our main plumber has been in the business more than 30 years and he's a one-man-show. He specializes in very quick turn-around jobs, mostly for landlords, and will not do anything too heavy (he won't even replace a water heater these days). Still, he makes over $100k/year working 7:30-4:00, Monday through Friday.

Just to add a bit more perspective.....My buddies and I own about 40 rental homes in Macon. We all use the same plumber(s). Our main plumber has been in the business more than 30 years and he's a one-man-show. He specializes in very quick turn-around jobs, mostly for landlords, and will not do anything too heavy (he won't even replace a water heater these days). Still, he makes over $100k/year working 7:30-4:00, Monday through Friday.
Yeah I know it, I’m getting screwed. I don’t even need to make 100k But it sure would be nice. Just out of curiosity what was everyone else making when they were 29?

Yeah I know it, I’m getting screwed. I don’t even need to make 100k But it sure would be nice. Just out of curiosity what was everyone else making when they were 29?
$42k in 2014, but I took the long way and spent 8 years off and on in college/working before I received my degree, so I probably should have been further ahead.

Back
Top Bottom