• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I have a question?

A guy working with us recently left for more money. Construction mostly jack of all trades, but no trade licenses, and average at best at what he does. He is a very hard worker and if the day starts at 0400, he is there waiting and sometimes gets home close to midnight.

Felon, no HS diploma, no CDL, but 8 years on the job. He was making about 90K per year.
There are places that will pay you well if you WORK your ASS OFF, and this guy earned every penny. Like I said he left.....for more money.

Well here is the thing, my dad owns the company and he always says I use to make less than 30k a year and we raised you and your brother. But he just doesn’t understand that times have changed and 30k isn’t as much as it used to be. I promise you I bust my ass everyday at work. But talking to him is a lot like talking to a brick wall. Idk it’s like I’m stuck in between a rock and a hard place on this.
Walk in tomorrow, tell your dad that you love him and quit. You have kids to raise.

Ultimately, you have to take care of your family. So, do whatever is necessary to care for them, including finding a new employer that will pay you a wage in line with the industry.

Ok thank y’all for the input. I knew I was getting the shaft just didn’t realize how bad. But also my biggest thing is I want to do plumbing and I don’t really want to stab my dad and the company he built in the back. But like everyone has said I have my own family to worry about. It’s not really a hard decision but then again it is.

Ok thank y’all for the input. I knew I was getting the shaft just didn’t realize how bad. But also my biggest thing is I want to do plumbing and I don’t really want to stab my dad and the company he built in the back. But like everyone has said I have my own family to worry about. It’s not really a hard decision but then again it is.
Good luck man. Seriously though. Dave Ramsey Financial peace university and Entreleadership.

Back
Top Bottom