• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

I don't want to hear another thing about LGS/mom and pops...

I worked 100% commission 40 years ago. Made very good money, enough to pay cash for my home.

I got out of it because of the high pressure, the drinking and the loose women. Some things get old after a while.

I am shocked that you defend these "sales" tactics since you are obviously of an older generation than I am.

I am shocked that you defend these "sales" tactics since you are obviously of an older generation than I am.

Not defending them, just recognizing them. I did not own the business, just a working stiff. The owner is who sets the business climate, do what he says, and you stay employed. Just like every other job.
I was trained in the California Sales system. It works. Not sure anyone even talks about it these days. And I did have to go through training before being allowed to work on my own.

No sir, Brownells has what I need.
I kinda liked ordering from Midway USA. Although now I get at least one email a day from them. Anyway I can grasp what the OP is saying. Before we moved from middle GA there were gun and Pawn shops everywhere and they all handled transfers at reasonable prices. I got down here to Darien and Brunswick and it was a very different scene. There's one pawn shop in Darien with insane prices on everything and he won't handle a transfer at all. Plus he's only open when he feels like being there. Only one shop in Brunswick will do a transfer at $25.00 per gun. Now that kind of stings if you wanted to catch a deal on 2 or 3 lowers on sale. One place i stopped in up in Jesus charges $45.00 for a transfer. Seriously $45.00 for accepting a package and filling out one form. Oh and you can forget about finding any parts around here.

Too many options online to deal with M&P shops. I'll order through them if I see something a wholesaler has stock on an item I can't get elswhere.
Well now back up your way it's hard to beat Howard's on new or used guns. And Centerville Gun keeps a decent selection with okay prices.

I kinda liked ordering from Midway USA. Although now I get at least one email a day from them. Anyway I can grasp what the OP is saying. Before we moved from middle GA there were gun and Pawn shops everywhere and they all handled transfers at reasonable prices. I got down here to Darien and Brunswick and it was a very different scene. There's one pawn shop in Darien with insane prices on everything and he won't handle a transfer at all. Plus he's only open when he feels like being there. Only one shop in Brunswick will do a transfer at $25.00 per gun. Now that kind of stings if you wanted to catch a deal on 2 or 3 lowers on sale. One place i stopped in up in Jesus charges $45.00 for a transfer. Seriously $45.00 for accepting a package and filling out one form. Oh and you can forget about finding any parts around here.

Midway ships quick, and they do not tear your head off over shipping charges.

If that offends you, then you are not their target market.
IIRC, retail shops get 80% of their sales from 20% of their customers.

Retail is an industry, and works hard to separate you from your money. The product is nowhere near as important as the sales pitch. A great sales pitch is truly awesome, and is best appreciated by another experienced salesman.

Unfortunately, most "salespeople" these days suck, and couldn't sell you a fire extinguisher if your pants were on fire.
If the service is as bad as he says it doesn't sound like they did this on purpose....

There's only one guy I'll deal with in that place, he's a pretty good guy and NOT related to those snobby ass owners. He might have actually been able to help ya, but then again maybe not. If Sandy Smallwood is still in business you might try him out, at least he's former law enforcement and holds no ill will for LEO's.
You talking about Brad ?

Back
Top Bottom