• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

I don't want to hear another thing about LGS/mom and pops...

lftd&pwrstrok'n

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
Sith Dark Lord
247   0
Reaction score
I think the majority of us have the same sentiment about keeping local gun stores and mom and pops in business, but I think today sealed the deal for me. I called a LGS on Saturday asking if they carried Wolff Heavy Hammer Springs for an AR15. I was told yes, they had about 6-8 different ones. Go in there today, not a single spring. Closest that they had was a kit for $129.99 that may or may not have a heavy spring in it. There wasn't a Wolff product in sight and they were not sold out. Every peg had a bag hanging from it. They don't carry it. This is about the 4th or 5th time I have gone by this LGS and they didn't have a common part. Sometimes I called ahead, sometimes I just stopped by. Now, all is not bad w/ this particular LGS, the owner did Rockset a muzzle brake for me at no charge earlier this year.

The other LGS can kiss my fat ass!! They have NEVER been helpful and are down right rude and unhelpful. About 15 years ago they told someone else in the store that they don't offer military/LEO discounts because their prices are cheap enough already. AND, I quote, "they don't do **** for us, so we don't do **** for them". Now, I have no idea who this guy was, but I refused to go in there until earlier this year. Both times I went in there they didn't have what I needed or refused to sell it to me. I went in there to get washers to put the above mentioned brake on and they didn't have a crush washer but did have (and I don't remember what he called it). The brake didn't have anywhere to put a wrench on it and he wouldn't stick a screwdriver through the vents, which I understand. I asked to buy the washers, which he explained came in different sizes and he wouldn't know which size I needed since he couldn't index the brake. I told him that I would buy 1 of each, which he refused to sell me.

So, I am going to be forced to order it online and pay the $8 shipping on a $3 spring :censored:

One last thing, down towns are drying up and dying because of parking. I wanted to eat at a particular down town BBQ place. It was 3:40 in the afternoon, not exactly lunch time. I drove around the block 5 times before finally getting a parking place on another block and walking. Got to the front door and an employee is sitting right in front of the door in her car smoking a cigarette. Went inside and only 1 table with anyone at it. So, I guess it is safe to assume that the majority of the parking spots were taken up by employees or shoppers at other places on the block?

Rant(s) over, but stay tuned for my idiotic drivers rant...

ETA: I also called around to a few LGS in the metro Atlanta area, none of them had the spring. Either they were sold out or don't carry them at all.

I prefer the LGS's if they don't have what I need they order it and I don't have to bow to the Big Box store shops, aka Dicks, Academy, etc, that bend over for the PC media and liberals.

I prefer the LGS's if they don't have what I need they order it and I don't have to bow to the Big Box store shops, aka Dicks, Academy, etc, that bend over for the PC media and liberals.

I don't even bother checking them for parts. Don't shop there anyway. I have never had a LGS offer to order anything for me. Even after I told him today that I guess I will order it online, he didn't offer to order it for me. They will order a gun and charge $100 too much for it like they did to my girlfriend a few Christmas' ago...

Back
Top Bottom