• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

I don't want to hear another thing about LGS/mom and pops...

These little stores are overpriced and they rarely know enough about their own business to really help. I buy almost everything online. Even with the few bucks in shipping its worth it to avoid the hassle.

I am begin to learn this life lesson. I rarely expect them to have what I need, but it is even more frustrating for them to tell me yes they have it and then find out that they don't even carry it.

Majority of the time, I would agree. But after calling and being told that they carried 6-8 different kinds, I would expect them to have at least one.

Retailers pay money just to get foot traffic (advertising), they have already won if they get you to walk through their door.

If you call and ask if they have a left handed Russian widget in chartreuse, a real salesman will always say yes, just so they get a shot at selling you something. Basic sales training.

Understand how their industry works, and use it to your advantage instead of the other way around.

Retailers pay money just to get foot traffic (advertising), they have already won if they get you to walk through their door.

If you call and ask if they have a left handed Russian widget in chartreuse, a real salesman will always say yes, just so they get a shot at selling you something. Basic sales training.

Understand how their industry works, and use it to your advantage instead of the other way around.

Shopping malls are built on this premise. "We have everything under the sun, stop by and look at our stuff".

Works on a surprising large number of folks.

That is not how I work. Lie to me and I won't be back...

That is not how I work. Lie to me and I won't be back...

But you said this wasn't the first time this has happened to you. So you DID go back, at least once.

Retailers are out to make money, they do it by impulse buys. They are not parts houses.

Interesting reading : Joe Girrard, "How to sell anything to anybody".

But you said this wasn't the first time this has happened to you. So you DID go back, at least once.

Retailers are out to make money, they do it by impulse buys. They are not parts houses.

Interesting reading : Joe Girrard, "How to sell anything to anybody".

I guess you got me on that one. But, I am not a bait and switch kind of guy. I was actually going to also buy a pistol grip yesterday, but was so mad when I saw that they didn't even carry what they told me they had, I just walked out. Forgot all about the the pistol grip until I was home.

If that offends you, then you are not their target market.
IIRC, retail shops get 80% of their sales from 20% of their customers.

Retail is an industry, and works hard to separate you from your money. The product is nowhere near as important as the sales pitch. A great sales pitch is truly awesome, and is best appreciated by another experienced salesman.

Unfortunately, most "salespeople" these days suck, and couldn't sell you a fire extinguisher if your pants were on fire.

I guess you got me on that one. But, I am not a bait and switch kind of guy. I was actually going to also buy a pistol grip yesterday, but was so mad when I saw that they didn't even carry what they told me they had, I just walked out. Forgot all about the the pistol grip until I was home.
There's only one guy I'll deal with in that place, he's a pretty good guy and NOT related to those snobby ass owners. He might have actually been able to help ya, but then again maybe not. If Sandy Smallwood is still in business you might try him out, at least he's former law enforcement and holds no ill will for LEO's.

Back
Top Bottom