• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I don't give a shyte what you remember the price was....

Is your brain smooth? I never said anything about agreeing to a price. Prior post calls out blatant price gouging and people cleaning out retailers only to resale at a substantially higher price. It's just madness that people take advantage of Corona/elections to sell a cartridge the costs 24CPR at most and turn around to resell it at triple the price.
So, if I "clean out retailers", and there's none available when you want some, what's the "fair market value”? What I paid for it, when it was available? What it was last year? What it was in 1960? Or what I want to sell it for - and you (or someone else) is willing to pay for it?

Because it's not "gouging" unless someone buys it. And buys it willingly, because unwilling would be theft.
If you're unwilling, don't buy. Then I'm not gouging you.

People all upset because they want to buy ammo and can't get it at the price they want ought to remember their frustration right now. When prices come back down, consider buying in bulk and replacing ammo as you use it. That way, you're not caught flatfooted the next time this happens. I understand people hurling verbal bricks at people like the OP because it's easier than accepting responsibility for your own poor preparation. I have no problem with people selling at market prices because I don't have to pay them. Learn a lesson from all this and you won't have to pay them in the future either.

proxy-image

They won’t - They haven’t learned before now - Easier to blame others and claim a victim status - Lived their life to this point and still apparently haven’t figured out that life isn’t fair I guess - Especially so when no effort is applied - Also it’s not that they don’t understand capitalism or supply and demand in a free market - It’s that they don’t like it - They’re upset that there hasn’t been an allowance made for their lack of foresight planning - It’s much easier to blame evil entrepreneurs who have foresight to speculate on a commodity and question their morals and attempt some shaming - Personally I respect the hustle and drive of the “flippers” and also respect those not whining because they prepped for this **** - Which seems to be a majority of the ODT community

They won’t - They haven’t learned before now - Easier to blame others and claim a victim status - Lived their life to this point and still apparently haven’t figured out that life isn’t fair I guess - Especially so when no effort is applied - Also it’s not that they don’t understand capitalism or supply and demand in a free market - It’s that they don’t like it - They’re upset that there hasn’t been an allowance made for their lack of foresight planning - It’s much easier to blame evil entrepreneurs who have foresight to speculate on a commodity and question their morals and attempt some shaming - Personally I respect the hustle and drive of the “flippers” and also respect those not whining because they prepped for this **** - Which seems to be a majority of the ODT community

I'll agree with you and pile on.

In short - I think the same people upset now are the same people who get upset every panic period.

Bloviation - Something like three panics back, I noticed people were very upset with "hoarding" ammo. The idea was, since the outraged all seemed to shop for ammo exclusively at Walmart at that time, that people like me had cleaned out their Walmart before they could get their fair share of ammo. Then, the outraged were focused on everyone with ammo being flippers who had bought up all the Walmart ammo as soon as it was delivered and then sold it off at marked up prices immediately. Basically, to some people, if you had ammo, you were a hoarding flipper who lived in the Walmart sporting goods section. There was no way I could talk some people down off their angry ledge and explain to them that I had been buying ammo from wholesalers by the case for some time before any of this happened. I wasn't even selling any, not that there's anything wrong with that. And if they were to follow suit, they'd be okay in the future. People who find themselves in the same predicament repeatedly ought to have started putting together some lessons learned by now. Yet here we are again.

I'll agree with you and pile on.

In short - I think the same people upset now are the same people who get upset every panic period.

Bloviation - Something like three panics back, I noticed people were very upset with "hoarding" ammo. The idea was, since the outraged all seemed to shop for ammo exclusively at Walmart at that time, that people like me had cleaned out their Walmart before they could get their fair share of ammo. Then, the outraged were focused on everyone with ammo being flippers who had bought up all the Walmart ammo as soon as it was delivered and then sold it off at marked up prices immediately. Basically, to some people, if you had ammo, you were a hoarding flipper who lived in the Walmart sporting goods section. There was no way I could talk some people down off their angry ledge and explain to them that I had been buying ammo from wholesalers by the case for some time before any of this happened. I wasn't even selling any, not that there's anything wrong with that. And if they were to follow suit, they'd be okay in the future. People who find themselves in the same predicament repeatedly ought to have started putting together some lessons learned by now. Yet here we are again.

Absolutely - There have been many “shortages” by now & I could only have “feels” for the newest of newbies

If you have been around for any amount of time - They should be embarrassed rather than upset

People all upset because they want to buy ammo and can't get it at the price they want ought to remember their frustration right now. When prices come back down, consider buying in bulk and replacing ammo as you use it. That way, you're not caught flatfooted the next time this happens. I understand people hurling verbal bricks at people like the OP because it's easier than accepting responsibility for your own poor preparation. I have no problem with people selling at market prices because I don't have to pay them. Learn a lesson from all this and you won't have to pay them in the future either.

proxy-image
But they won't. Past market conditions, which were much worse, haven't taught them either. You can't fix stupid.

Sorry that I dislike it when some schmuck buys out 4K of 9MM, leaves nothing for us, then sells at 3X the cost. I still don't get why you think this is perfectly acceptable. Is it legal and should be legal? Yes. Is it a ****ty thing to do? Yes. I just like to call people out on it. People are just taking advantage of a pandemic and the political climate to make dosh. It's just ****ty.

Also 2nd amendment is simple and not open interpretation. Provided I have the money I should buy/manufacture any arm or ordinance available. Laws can't stop me. I bet you put braces on your "pistols" and buy binary triggers.

Ummm, Yeah about that..........

Back
Top Bottom