I am guilty of this also.......

Good response so far.... I see some of these comments on classified items and find myself pulling away from the actual details of item and following the comments....
GLWR.... too funny.... I see this a lot also.....
I think sometimes... even too many positive pull the attention away from the listed item.... IMHO

I think that too many positives could lead some new members/gun owners into a bad deal. I also think that too many "Wish I was closer, GLWS" is code for saying your item is way overpriced. Especially if they have the same location. LOL!

I think that too many positives could lead some new members/gun owners into a bad deal. I also think that too many "Wish I was closer, GLWS" is code for saying your item is way overpriced. Especially if they have the same location. LOL!

Not really if you don't research prices before you buy its your own fault.

I saw a comment that said "I wish you were closer". The seller was over 100 miles from them.
I offered him the same gun about 30 miles away.
I didn't ge any response for a day or two and PMed if he was just trolling or if he really wanted the pistol. He said he would have to talk with "the wife". I knew that was the end of that.

Not really if you don't research prices before you buy its your own fault.

Yes I'm aware of caveat emptor as well as "a fool and his money is soon parted". However we aren't talking about a guy deciding he wants a gun, goes down to the local shop and gets taken to the cleaners. Personally I believe that joining a forum is the first step in doing research. Theres a sense of brotherhood on the forums, especially localized forums like this one. If a gun browses the ads and sees 5 buddies of the seller saying how great the deal is, how great the guy is, well guess what? 5 people have validated it in his mind, doesn't make it true. But alas in the end its the buyers fault because no one put a gun to his head and made him hand over the money.

- - - Updated - - -

I saw a comment that said "I wish you were closer". The seller was over 100 miles from them.
I offered him the same gun about 30 miles away.
I didn't ge any response for a day or two and PMed if he was just trolling or if he really wanted the pistol. He said he would have to talk with "the wife". I knew that was the end of that.

So I guess he was just trolling. LOL

If you saw someone selling a really cool rifle at a gun show would it be rude for you to say "Hey nice gun man." ? Same concept really.

Sometimes when I see a ridiculously overpriced item its hard for me not to say "Really?! Are you f**king kidding me?!" so I just keep my mouth shut.

If I see an ad with a lot of comments I'm more tempted to view it...so I guess it could increase interest/views...???
Oh, and good luck with thread...

Back
Top Bottom