• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

"I am a collector not a dealer"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely. But he repeatedly states that he's not a dealer. So if a 4473 ever comes into play, there's a serious character issue at hand.

I'm betting we are discussing a gun store employee that buys used guns at his shop and lists them here.

Have you guys thought that maybe he isn't a dealer but is buying them from a dealer and then posting them right into ODT and doesn't bother taking the tags off? Usually a dealer will go down from the listed price... he probably buys it at the lower price then resells it at the listed price.

Definitely. But he repeatedly states that he's not a dealer. So if a 4473 ever comes into play, there's a serious character issue at hand.
Or he's selling off of his boundbook, which is permissible for personally owned items, but generally speaking not permissible in large enough number to appear as a method to avoid keeping 4473 records

What gets me is the cash only, and I will provide the paperwork, & I think, if I remember this right, he wants you to have a Ga. permit as well. Its a lot of stuff to ask for if your not a dealer. And he is making a profit selling w/o a FFL, I'm sure the ATF will have plenty of questions for him. Either way I would not deal w/ him.

What gets me is the cash only, and I will provide the paperwork, & I think, if I remember this right, he wants you to have a Ga. permit as well. Its a lot of stuff to ask for if your not a dealer. And he is making a profit selling w/o a FFL, I'm sure the ATF will have plenty of questions for him. Either way I would not deal w/ him.
He checks a box when he posts the ad so that if that did happen it won't blow back on the site.

So post away JR FFL'ers!!!

tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_15_03_23_db744d727d6befca15f540f0b4cbec04.jpg

Genuine :lol: @ this. :thumb:
good laff ritetare :lol:

If a 4473 is involved he needs a dealer tag

And needs to post in the dealer section
agree 100%

Convo I had with one of these guys...

ME: I mean no disrespect but, after seeing all of your ads continue to relist over the last two weeks I seriously have to ask. Why are all of your guns listed at $100-$150+ over new retail prices for the same gun at a store?

Him: Every one of my prices are based on the same book that every gun dealer in America uses to price their used guns...that publication is The Blue Book of Gun Values...it lists MSRP prices and prices based on the condition of the piece...My prices are within that range...there is no way that I can compete on new prices as gun factories utilize the services of distributors to get the guns sold and delivered to their dealers...If their inventory is not moving, they will offer it to the dealer at a cheaper price and of course they pass it on to their customers...I am sorry that you think that I am high in prices but just remember that the gun shop is collecting 7% sales tax and keeping a record and recording that info with Washington, D.C. I personally do not think Obama should know about our gun buying habits...

ME: Are you a dealer?

Him: No I am not a dealer...just a retired business man

ME: Lol... You're trying to sell a used gun for $450 that retails for $299 new...

"Businessman" I don't think that word means what you think that it means.

Him: What in the world is the matter with you...go to the store and buy your gun...why are you signed onto this website if you want to pay retail at the Walmart for your guns...why don't you go back to the paragraph that I sat here and typed trying to help you out...you did not even pay any attention to what I said...please do not bother me any more or I will report your actions to the management.

ME: Wait... You are purposefully charging above retail for your used guns..... Stop it......I'm going to pee......

No reply...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom