How is the milsurp market these days?

Nice K98!
Yeah...from the '42' on the receiver it's a Mauser Oberndorf factory rifle made in 1940.
They were still using laminated stocks then. My S/42 from the same factory built in 1936 shows the time they spent with each rifle back then...every piece big enough to stamp a serial number has the same number.

Attachments

• K981.JPG
    K981.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 13
  • K982.JPG
    K982.JPG
    24 KB · Views: 12
Price check in a good condition, numbers matching, Bavarian 71/84 mauser? Picked one up yesterday at the show, cleaned it a little bit and now gonna put it on the table...just not sure what the sticker should read

Price check in a good condition, numbers matching, Bavarian 71/84 mauser? Picked one up yesterday at the show, cleaned it a little bit and now gonna put it on the table...just not sure what the sticker should read
Did you happen to get the quillion hook bayonet that goes with it?

Would have been nice but unfortunately I did not.
I once bought a pristine Mauser Modelo Argentino, 1909 in 7.65.....it took me a good while to find the green sling and the type of quillion hook bayonet that goes with it. IIRC, I found it in a little gun shop not far off from the Marietta Civic Center in a bin of old [junk] bayonets...I think it cost me $65.... with it and the sling, I was able to sell the rifle for a lot more...

I once bought a pristine Mauser Modelo Argentino, 1909 in 7.65.....it took me a good while to find the green sling and the type of quillion hook bayonet that goes with it. IIRC, I found it in a little gun shop not far off from the Marietta Civic Center in a bin of old [junk] bayonets...I think it cost me $65.... with it and the sling, I was able to sell the rifle for a lot more...

Nice score!

I was gonna throw it on the table today, and if it didn't sell I would probably search out the accessories and put it on the table at Tulsa this fall.

Nice score!

I was gonna throw it on the table today, and if it didn't sell I would probably search out the accessories and put it on the table at Tulsa this fall.
If you don't really need to sell it to get funds for something else more sellable, I'd say hold onto it and find the bayonet and a sling for it. :0) They'll pay for themselves.

If you don't really need to sell it to get funds for something else more sellable, I'd say hold onto it and find the bayonet and a sling for it. :0) They'll pay for themselves.

Generally I would rather move something for a small profit than wait 6+ months to make a bigger profit.

I am kinda impatient like that when it comes to Antique Firearms. Buy it, take it apart, clean it (fix it if necessary), then turn around and sell it to move on to the next one.

I could kind of use the cash too. Got some dental work coming up, plus I have this Carcano Safari Rifle I am working on. Gotta order a chunk of AAA figure walnut to make the stock out of, and that ain't cheap.

Back
Top Bottom