• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

High Falls Lake

Bunch of druggies live up in that area

0D8C418E-7ECB-492B-B307-01A9864D9B05.jpeg

High Falls is a State Park

My son and I use to fish there a lot. I sold outdoor furniture I made on consignment at a place called Snooky's before the main building was burned down by an arsonist. You can rent a Yurt if they still are doing that and sleep in in it and fish for catfish at night. The Yurt's are on the lake. You use to be able to rent jon boats as well at the main entrance. I have not been there in years but we fished from the pier and sometimes off of a crowded bridge at Buck Creek ?? The lake and facilities associated with it are nice.......The locals leave a lot to be desired. Crime and meth took over the local community. They had a water park and other tourist things that catered to visitors. I am not sure how it is now but would make a day trip first just to check it out before I committed to trying to camp or stay overnight.

There is also a KOA campground in Forsyth that is well regarded and is a short drive to High Falls State Park.

I didn't read all those articles, but I'm guessing....

could some of those criminals be people who were stopped along I-75 , which runs right next to High Falls Lake?
And when they were stopped by the cops, it ended with searches and evidence of bigger crimes?

I didn't read all those articles, but I'm guessing....

could some of those criminals be people who were stopped along I-75 , which runs right next to High Falls Lake?
And when they were stopped by the cops, it ended with searches and evidence of bigger crimes?
9 out of 10 times if there is a drug bust in the local paper, it’s in the High Falls area of the county.

Back
Top Bottom