• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Harley oil change

Spridel

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
Banned Permanently
9   0
Reaction score
Anyone in the Newnan area have an oil filter wrench for a 2009 Dyna Fatbob ? It's due for it's oil change and I've never done this bike myself. The filter is wedged between the engine and the frame requiring an HD wrench which I don't have. I'm not taking it to the dealer anymore.

thought Harley's were self changing? as it leaks out you just add more.. they always have fresh oil in them...lmao

Thats funny right there.:D I have heard some pretty high prices on service to a HD. Hope ya find what you are looking for Spridel.

Agree with rnation - usually a strap wrench is easiest to use and can be used on all brands of filters. It's a messy job but satisfying - should only take about 30 minutes just be sure not to over-fill; may require less oil than the book says.

I have a handy little tool that I use. It is a wrench that fits on top of the filter. Then you use a ratchet to turn it. You can find them either at the dealer or sometimes at Autozone or Advance.

I have a handy little tool that I use. It is a wrench that fits on top of the filter. Then you use a ratchet to turn it. You can find them either at the dealer or sometimes at Autozone or Advance.

That's what it requires, there's NO room for a strap. I've asked around and was told it requires a Harley filter wrench, if so it'll be priced out of my reach like everything with HD marked on it.
I really miss my Vulcan.

Back
Top Bottom