• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

3.0 L Duramax diesel warning(oil pump belt)

I’m looking for a good 12 valve for my 99 ram.
I currently have a 24valve and retrofitted a P pump to it and lots of other goodies just no real power adders.
It’s tired with half a million miles almost on it.
Still runs like a mofo but burns 2 quarts of oil with every fill up.
Also want to do a 5 speed conversion.

Would love to find a wrecked donor truck.

This is a shame, can't even blame it on the epa government nazis. I swore off GM trucks after buying a new 2006 Duramax and having injector problems, backordered for 6 to 8 weeks.

I currently have a 24valve and retrofitted a P pump to it and lots of other goodies just no real power adders.

This is a shame, can't even blame it on the epa government nazis. I swore off GM trucks after buying a new 2006 Duramax and having injector problems, backordered for 6 to 8 weeks.
Same with most vehicles.
There’s a reason why I buy older vehicles and stock up on common parts.
I blame the EPA and cafe standards on a lot of it.
Reliance on Chinese crap, planned obsolescence and cutting manufacturing costs by using inferior parts and under engineered stuff.

You'd be better off buying another truck than doing all that

well this is the first year of this 3.0
and many of my friends told me ! do not do it!
but i jumped on in!
what was terrible was the truck got 30+ miles to the gallon for the first 15,000 miles check engine light comes on goes to the dealership boom 18 miles to the gallon took four months to get that straightened out now averaging about 21 miles to the gallon

Same with most vehicles.
There’s a reason why I buy older vehicles and stock up on common parts.
I blame the EPA and cafe standards on a lot of it.
Reliance on Chinese crap, planned obsolescence and cutting manufacturing costs by using inferior parts and under engineered stuff.

stick it to the Weakest people in the world American

I feel your pain, sorry man. The old adage is you pay now or you pay later is so true with all these new ways to save gas. Can you imagine what it will cost to replace a battery in these new electric cars when it comes time. I also heard a story about a guy buying an electric car and originally was able to charge it for free at work, now they are charging him like $40 a week to do it. Funny how that happened after people start to commit to the purchase.

YEP im done with diesel trucks , Ford broke me of ever wanting another , my last duramax was a turd , ill never have another one
My old 95 cummins dodge is still rolling but i use it on the farm mostly, i have a new 6.6 gas burner im 100% happy with
it pulls everything i need it to

Back
Top Bottom