• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Ham Radio Operators

I've had my General ticket since 84. Got my novice ticket in 81 while stationed in Crete, Greece. Got full privileges, up to Extra Class territory with my novice and Greek provisional license (KA2PFV/SV9). Always ended up in a pileup and had great times contesting. Now the rig sits in the basement in the tornado shelter, ready to go on the air if we get trapped and can't get out, I can always hit the CB bands and ask for help (Kenwood TS-430S with MARS mod, where if you can dial up a frequency you can transmit on it). HF ceased being fun with folks took ownership of freqs and would only talk to select others, anyone else was unwelcome and run off freq. Hey, kind of like being on facebook or something.

Anyone need Times Microwave or Andrew Coax? My wife's business Makes all types of RF cables for Ham CB WiFi etc from 6 inches to 300 ft. 30 or so different connector choices. Http://mpddigital.us ask for Kim

She will TRADE cable sets for guns and ammo

Ham since 1975. I'm an old Fart! LOL !!! Currently only own a 2m and 440 talkie and am looking for an HF to put in the garage, probably just string up an inverted V in the back yard.

Licensed as tech in 1995, learned code and upgraded to tech plus in '96 and just situated there. Haven't been active on the air since I moved down here from Indiana but still have a couple VHF/UHF rigs. I BEVER hear any activity on the Douglasville repeater.

Back
Top Bottom