• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gym Rats and Beefcakes... what supplements do you recommend ?

I'm 53, I take bcaa, protein and a joint supplement. At 45 you won't get enough protein from just food without putting on unwanted weight and your joints aren't 25 anymore. Everything changes at 40. Watch a few videos on youtube like mountaindog101, older guys that understand you can't work out the same now as you did in your 30's
Yeah like good old Rocky Balboa said, time is undefeated.

I am 52 and lift 6 days a week. 175lbs and 10%bf. I don't take any other supplements besides a pre workout and BCAA during my workout. 2000 cal a day diet split in to 5 meals. Carbs are first thing in the morning and pre workout and post workout only. I get 250 grams of protein a day from chicken, turkey or fish. No protein shakes.
I used to drink protein shakes and take creatine and was always just rounded. No definition.

First thing you need to do is track everything you eat. I mean everything. Then look at you macros. I am sure you will be surprised what you are actually eating that contains carbs. Carbs are good but in moderation, especially as you get older. I can do this strict diet for 4 weeks and cut down then I can be a little more relaxed and enjoy some eating out and eating bad stuff. Still in moderation.

Back
Top Bottom