• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gym Rats and Beefcakes... what supplements do you recommend ?

EAA>BCAA

Whey

Omega 3

The rest comes from good nutrition and lifting. If most people spent half the amount of time learning to lift properly as they did trying to be a scientist they'd see much better ROI from the gym.

I have a question about how I run my sets. For example, I am doing a chest and triceps routine that is 4 sets each of flat, incline and decline bench with 3 different tricep workouts.

Do I do all 4 sets of flat bench, then incline then decline, etc? Or 1 each set of flat, incline, decline and triceps? Or does it really matter as long as I get them all in?

I have a question about how I run my sets. For example, I am doing a chest and triceps routine that is 4 sets each of flat, incline and decline bench with 3 different tricep workouts.

Do I do all 4 sets of flat bench, then incline then decline, etc? Or 1 each set of flat, incline, decline and triceps? Or does it really matter as long as I get them all in?

I don't think it matters per se'. I like to minimize set up time, changing weights and bench configuration. I'll generally do a full 3 or 4 sets of one exercise before changing to another.

41B233VebpL._SY400_.jpg

I don't think it matters per se'. I like to minimize set up time, changing weights and bench configuration. I'll generally do a full 3 or 4 sets of one exercise before changing to another.

That was my issue. I workout in the basement by myself, so changing things around are a pain. Thanks.

EAA>BCAA

Whey

Omega 3

The rest comes from good nutrition and lifting. If most people spent half the amount of time learning to lift properly as they did trying to be a scientist they'd see much better ROI from the gym.
This. If people worried more about their diet and lifts than supplements they'd see better results. I've tried all kinds of supplements over the years. None come close to good diet and proper lifting form.

That was my issue. I workout in the basement by myself, so changing things around are a pain. Thanks.
If you got the equipment and want to try supersets.. you could do flat, decline, then incline..4 sets of those 3 together.. and the same for triceps.. you’ll most definitely will have to lighten the weights... you’ll get a really good burn though

Everyone has basically said it. The number one thing that you can do is eat healthy. Whole, unprocessed foods. Meats, vegetables, fruits, nuts & seeds. Stay away from processed foods and sugar. Eat enough to sustain your work level, don't over eat, but make sure to put good fuel into the machine! You can't out train a bad diet. You can cheat every now and then, but consistency is key.
Lift using proper technique and full range of motion. Do some HIIT as well.
You don't really need any supplements. Save the money. A tall glass of milk after your workout will provide enough protein. If you feel that you must, use a good whey protein with BCAAs.
Get enough sleep to promote recovery!
Also, creatine can cause issues with your kidneys. Be smart and consult a doctor.
That's just one more opinion. Good luck!

I'm 53, I take bcaa, protein and a joint supplement. At 45 you won't get enough protein from just food without putting on unwanted weight and your joints aren't 25 anymore. Everything changes at 40. Watch a few videos on youtube like mountaindog101, older guys that understand you can't work out the same now as you did in your 30's

Back
Top Bottom