Welcome to The Outdoors Trader

Register Now
  1. ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - Moved to Jan 22, 2022 - Click here for tickets and click here for info!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to The Outdoors Trader! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  3. Featured Listings are working again! Feature your listing on every page for $3 a day! Click here for all the info.
    Dismiss Notice

Gym Rats and Beefcakes... what supplements do you recommend ?

Thread in 'The Men's Health Forum' started by Porter Rockwell, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Trailrider

Trailrider The Hen that laid the Golden Legos Supporter

Supporter
    Rating
    98.9%
    Another great point. Recovery is just as important if you want to see gains. So many people miss this part, thinking they can get by with a few hours. Let those muscles rest and your body do it's thing.

2. Trailrider

Trailrider The Hen that laid the Golden Legos Supporter

Supporter
    Rating
    98.9%
    Yeah like good old Rocky Balboa said, time is undefeated.

ChimChim likes this.
  3. Craigd1967

Craigd1967 Outdoorsman

I am 52 and lift 6 days a week. 175lbs and 10%bf. I don't take any other supplements besides a pre workout and BCAA during my workout. 2000 cal a day diet split in to 5 meals. Carbs are first thing in the morning and pre workout and post workout only. I get 250 grams of protein a day from chicken, turkey or fish. No protein shakes.
    I used to drink protein shakes and take creatine and was always just rounded. No definition.

First thing you need to do is track everything you eat. I mean everything. Then look at you macros. I am sure you will be surprised what you are actually eating that contains carbs. Carbs are good but in moderation, especially as you get older. I can do this strict diet for 4 weeks and cut down then I can be a little more relaxed and enjoy some eating out and eating bad stuff. Still in moderation.

Zeake and mattmatt300 like this.