• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Guns you miss the most you traded or sold.

Thank you, It is a Spring Field Armory 'Custom Shop" gun. I picked it up at the first gun show after Sandy hook. I traded 10 NIP 30rnd P-mags and 100 Drum mag for it during the panic. The gun honestly got the better deal at that time and sold all the mags for more then he wanted for the 1911 but I had $350 in the gun so I was happy.

Come December, I get audited and the tax man came unexpectedly, I sold the gun without ever evening shooting it to help pay the bills. reason I regret selling it the most though, is the fact that even my wife wanted to shoot it, and she never wants to shoot a 1911. I tried to trace it back but ran short of finding it again.
I would definitely like to shoot one. Even better if I owned it..

I see guns for sale on here all the time that belonged to dads, grandads or were first guns. I always wonder what's going on in that persons life that they are selling these.
For me I was broke, with a daughter and a wife to support and a low paying job at the time. I sold it to pay for a car repair, then I sold another to pay for tires. Common theme for me back in my early 20s. Now at 30 I've actually got a decent savings, 2 retirement accounts, etc etc but back then that was unimaginable. Took it as a lesson learned.

For me I was broke, with a daughter and a wife to support and a low paying job at the time. I sold it to pay for a car repair, then I sold another to pay for tires. Common theme for me back in my early 20s. Now at 30 I've actually got a decent savings, 2 retirement accounts, etc etc but back then that was unimaginable. Took it as a lesson learned.
It's a ****ty position to have to be in, but sometimes, you gotta do what ya gotta do.

My 243 Rem Mohawk that was stolen I miss the most. a S&W model 28 in nickel I regret sailing along with all the other Smiffs. Maybe my Valmet 76.

Ahhh, damn. I forgot about my early ParaOrdinance LTC commander sized, single stack that got stolen while we were vacationing down in San Antonio a couple years ago. I’d just gotten it back from a local smith who had polished the action, refreshed all the springs and put an awesome ceracoat on it. I had an awesome set of ironwood shoes on it at the time as well. Damn. Now I feel like cryin...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheridan 5MM Pump I received for Christmas when I was 10. I was 15 or so and neighbor traded me a 410 single barrel. Never forgave myself.

I wasn't judging because believe me I've been there, it sucks to be in that position.

The Remington Fieldmaster .22 my grandmother bought for my 12th birthday.
Sold it for money to pay a traffic ticket when I was about 17.
The Walther pre-war PPK I traded to get back my High Standard Sentinel my grandmother bought for my 15th birthday, and I had stupidly sold.

Back
Top Bottom