• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun Prices

I look around a few places online, always check Bud's price as they do seem to be the lowest and try to start somewhere reasonable. If it doesn't sell quickly I either drop it or take it down

Simple, I never sale... Guns go in one direction, just like cockroaches; they check in but never check out...
I followed that philosophy until about 3 months ago when I was running out of space in the safe and I thought my wife would get suspicious if I showed up with another safe. I evaluated all the guns I had, how long it had been since I shot some of them, and was I likely to shoot it or have a use for it in the future. My 300 WM had not been shot in 14 years but I'd like to think I'll take another hunting trip out west or to Alaska and will have a need for it. Others had sentimental value and won't get traded. Some don't fit me but will be right for my son as he gets a little bigger. In the end, there were two that I just didn't see myself using and they were sold to fund other guns I wanted to acquire and would get more use out of.

If there is one thing I don't like about my house is the fact that there is no place to build out a walk-in gun vault. If I had that, I don't think I would ever part with any of them.

I followed that philosophy until about 3 months ago when I was running out of space in the safe and I thought my wife would get suspicious if I showed up with another safe. I evaluated all the guns I had, how long it had been since I shot some of them, and was I likely to shoot it or have a use for it in the future. My 300 WM had not been shot in 14 years but I'd like to think I'll take another hunting trip out west or to Alaska and will have a need for it. Others had sentimental value and won't get traded. Some don't fit me but will be right for my son as he gets a little bigger. In the end, there were two that I just didn't see myself using and they were sold to fund other guns I wanted to acquire and would get more use out of.

If there is one thing I don't like about my house is the fact that there is no place to build out a walk-in gun vault. If I had that, I don't think I would ever part with any of them.

Yep, I've been down that road and feel the same ways about some of them. Use the money to buy a bigger safe or sell the ones you're not using to make room for the one you want. The additional benefit of doing that, I didn't think about up front. When you sell a few you now have the money for the safe you were going to spend AND the money from the guns you just sold. Now you have the money for a top of the line gun you might not have considered AND room in the safe for it. It works out well.

Back
Top Bottom