• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Gun Prices

Cheapest place you can find it online in stock for...minus $ for condition.

Of its a collectable non production gun, find what it sold for recently on GB and add or subtract for condition.

I love the ODT - but if it really is a rare or collectible gun... Truly rare or collectible... Then always sell it on gunbroker, you have a much larger audience of collectors

ODT seems to be more for shooters....

I love the ODT - but if it really is a rare or collectible gun... Truly rare or collectible... Then always sell it on gunbroker, you have a much larger audience of collectors

ODT seems to be more for shooters....

Thanks for the advice. There are alot of like minded Smith collectors here....i like to give them a shot at some nice pieces before I list elsewhere.

I pay attention to what things sell for and price accordingly ..
^^^This^^^
Same as selling houses...houses priced correctly in Metro Atlanta are selling for 98% of list price and averaging 22 days on market. When you price an item (or house) correctly (going off of recent sales) the market responds with a quick sale and buyers are motivated to not jerk you around on the price. Price it fairly and you don't need to negotiate.

Plus the market doesn't care what you paid for it...bought a house or an AR during the bubble, the price you paid has no bearing on what it will sell for today. With a free listing service like the ODT, there are plenty of listings priced off what the OP paid for it and "needs" to sell it for. If I encounter a home seller with that mentality, I pass and let some Realtor desperate for a listing waste their time with them or let them go throw away $600+ listing it with Duffy or some other discount broker.

Add a zero to the end of what I paid.... but seriously I look to see the cheapest and try to be 'competitive', but at the same time not be ridiculous, since I am typically going to turn around and blow it on another gun lol.

In earlier times on ODT I purchased/traded for firearms pretty much state-wide at reasonable prices (all of which were with very fine people) but then things changed on here, now all I see is retail + prices on used guns which are advertised over and over and over. I have my personal opinion as to what has happened with pricing but I'll keep to myself as it would only piss many off. I set my prices/values at @ 85% of the actual selling price on GBrokers in same condition.............not the asking prices on there and am usually happy with the outcome. I buy/trade because I enjoy firearms and not trying to make a income from it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom