• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun Control Statistics from the FBI , hmm

Brian,

I think the CDC includes accidental (non-crime) shootings in its data base.

It seems easy to draw a corollary to the numbers per capita actually dropping. I'm absolutely convinced that as legal gun ownership increases violent/forcible crime typically drops as the risk increases and is probably the single most important factor. I think we have a better tracking system to locate and identify violent offenders. I think we have better trained personnel that deal with these violent criminals and a better penal system.

Yes always exceptions but in general better personnel, equipment, data base and judicial system with the most important single factor being the significant rise of legal weapons carry (concealed) permits.

I recall that as the States (14 original, I think) enacted laws (carry permits) to allow the citizens to actually bear arms outside the home (to around 48 currently) all the educated idiots that either support, work for or organized the VPC, Brady group, MAIG and all those who support them such as the Joyce foundation all warned of huge increases in gun crimes but oddly never materialized.

I wish I had names, dates and statements made by those misguided, mislead and misinformed intellectuals. The test, the measure of whether gun control works or not has been accomplished in the 48 states that allow their citizens the liberty of the second amendment. It's just 'common sense gun laws" that make it so. Despite all this it will still fall on deaf, ignorant ears as it does not serve the group's political agenda.

Thank you Brian for taking the time to post this information.

Last edited:
It is true you will not change the minds of Anti-gunner with any amount of information. But getting facts out without hyperbole or histrionics can help in stopping the creation of more of them.

Back
Top Bottom