• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Gun confiscation in the event of a national emergency..possible?

The Governor of GA has the right to confiscate guns on the street during an emergency, unless you can prove you legally owned the firearm prior to the declaration. Hell I can't think of a gun I could prove I "legally" own in a court of law, much less proving to an 19 year old Guards man on the street.

Be sure to let your Rep know how this pisses you off.

Proof is in the lead pudding, given such a scenario.

Why block anyone I like the clowns.

Well said.

I don't put anything past a group of over zealous people who are suddenly given the power of martial law. But there are about 1,000 more realistic and likely threats ahead of this on my list of worries.

Last edited:
Did not know this! WTH! Thanks for the info. Is there a list somewhere of what county does what, or is it a (shudder) dig and scrape at the county

Go here and select a county and enter "emergency" into the search. http://www.municode.com/library/GA

Edit: Clayton County(big surprise), Dawson County, city of Griffin, city of Rome, have the firearm language in their ordinances.

The seizure type of Ordinance is in more, Lumpkin County still has it and is one of many.

Last edited:
So if you are known to have a large cache of supplies for an emergency not only do you have to worry about looters but the local goverment. They could,for example, conviscate your stored food supplies to put into a general pool or "soup kitchen" since the well being of the masses would over ride the rights of the individual. Then of course you would have to go there to be fed a portion of your own food. Goverments like to get people grouped together and dependant on them (under control) in big emergencies.

Yep that was the argument I used against my county. Here is a video I did for the Know Pickens website: http://www.knowpickens.com/spotlight/govt/ordinance22-34.asp

So if you are known to have a large cache of supplies for an emergency not only do you have to worry about looters but the local goverment. They could,for example, conviscate your stored food supplies to put into a general pool or "soup kitchen" since the well being of the masses would over ride the rights of the individual. Then of course you would have to go there to be fed a portion of your own food. Goverments like to get people grouped together and dependant on them (under control) in big emergencies.

I just remembered Sumter County put on a Fair to teach folks how to prepare and I wrote this to the Americus Times Recorder :

I live in North GA and I noticed a couple of counties up here proposing new EMO's. The citizens in those counties weren't happy with what was in the new GEMA model. GeorgiaCarry.Org got involved and had Coweta and GEMA remove the unlawful firearm language. That made me read my county's EMO. It doesn't contain any reference to firearms but I was floored by what was in it.

(2)
Seizing or taking for temporary use, any private property for the protection of the public;

(3)
Selling, lending, giving, or distributing all or any such property or supplies among the inhabitants of the county and maintaining a strict accounting of property or supplies distributed and for funds received for such property or supplies; and

(4)

So during an emergency the county could come and seize my private property and sell, lend, give, or distribute it among the inhabitants of Pickens County.

After seaching around several counties have the same ordinance on their books(it's a older GEMA model(my county passed it in 1997) EMO handed out for the counties to rubber stamp).

I noticed Sumter County has the same ordinance....passed in 1991.

So I thought it was funny and somehow sad that Sumter county was having a fair to teach folks how to prepare, all the while the county has a plan on the books to come take all their preparations.

I'm not saying or suggesting that they would mind you, I'm just pointing out that it looks bad....at the very least.

Thanks,

mountainpass

Government is always trying to legitamize theft in the name of the State. The people have become indoctrinated to believe "it is written" .
How can the State have the authority to do what a citizen cannot do? The State is a construct, a legal fiction.

Government is always trying to legitamize theft in the name of the State. The people have become indoctrinated to believe "it is written" .
How can the State have the authority to do what a citizen cannot do? The State is a construct, a legal fiction.

img.tapatalk.com_d_13_11_30_ypemeru8.jpg

If people took some time to study "legal fictions" and "transmitting utilities" they would see the illusion.

Eventually some force will march down mainstreet in a cloak of rescue only to control its inhabitants. Whom it will be is a mute point.
By this time it will only matter how well you have planned and what you and your family can carry in your packs. Your mental state and your mind will be your most important tool. I for one will fight no well armed group over material things I can loose any givin day from a disaster.
Everyone has a moral compass and opinions of military and LEO based on their experiences and parents influence. Hope for the best and prepare for the worst. Their are as many good men as their are bad ones. Our youth are where the attack is happening at in this country.
As we all argue and debate gun laws and rights the moral compass of our youth is being blurred and twisted to new levels of unbelief.
A generation that has no moral compass, education, work ethic, and has forgotten its history will be far easier to destroy than ours from within.

Back
Top Bottom