• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Gun confiscation in the event of a national emergency..possible?

If the govt, no matter the circumstances, try to take weapons. It is going to end up in Civil War II. Are they sneaky enough to do it a little at a time, so by the time we realize it, its too late? Isnt that Obamas current agenda? Just saying. I lost all my guns in a house fire yeeeaaars ago, so it wouldn't matter..........

Seems to have worked just fine in new York
California. DC Illinois Colorado etc

Haven't seen any riots there

Your right no riots there.. what I really meant originally was just that, if they ever go door to door trying to seize them it would be bad. But yes Obama is doing his best to take as many states out of the equation before they get to door kicking..

Well obongo and the dems have just succeed in shutting down the LAST lead refinery in the US

And wih the executive order banning most ammo imports
It looks like there gonna just make it impossible to get ammo
Instead of going door to door like they did during Katrina and Boston

The Governor of GA has the right to confiscate guns on the street during an emergency, unless you can prove you legally owned the firearm prior to the declaration. Hell I can't think of a gun I could prove I "legally" own in a court of law, much less proving to an 19 year old Guards man on the street.

O.C.G.A. § 38-3-51
Emergency powers of Governor; termination of emergency; limitations in energy emergency; immunity

(8) Suspend or limit the sale, dispensing, or transportation of alcoholic beverages, firearms, explosives, and combustibles; provided, however, that any limitation on firearms under this Code section shall not include an individual firearm owned by a private citizen which was legal and owned by that citizen prior to the declaration of state of emergency or disaster or thereafter acquired in compliance with all applicable laws of this state and the United States; and

Be sure to let your Rep know how this pisses you off.

Oh and check your local county emergency ordinances, some mention firearms(Dawson and Clayton County have such an ordinance) most don't but of those many say that the county can seize your stuff and "sell, lend, give, or distribute all or any such property among the inhabitants of the county."

Work to get that changed.

Oh and check your local county emergency ordinances, some mention firearms(Dawson and Clayton County have such an ordinance) most don't but of those many say that the county can seize your stuff and "sell, lend, give, or distribute all or any such property among the inhabitants of the county."

Did not know this! WTH! Thanks for the info. Is there a list somewhere of what county does what, or is it a (shudder) dig and scrape at the county

So if you are known to have a large cache of supplies for an emergency not only do you have to worry about looters but the local goverment. They could,for example, conviscate your stored food supplies to put into a general pool or "soup kitchen" since the well being of the masses would over ride the rights of the individual. Then of course you would have to go there to be fed a portion of your own food. Goverments like to get people grouped together and dependant on them (under control) in big emergencies.

Back
Top Bottom