• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Gun confiscation in the event of a national emergency..possible?

Go here and select a county and enter "emergency" into the search. http://www.municode.com/library/GA

Edit: Clayton County(big surprise), Dawson County, city of Griffin, city of Rome, have the firearm language in their ordinances.

The seizure type of Ordinance is in more, Lumpkin County still has it and is one of many.

Well here we go in my county......

"Sec. 26-33. - Powers and duties of emergency management council.

It shall be the duty of the county emergency management council and it is empowered to:

(1)
Develop a county emergency management plan. This plan shall provide for the effective mobilization of all the resources of the county, both private and public."

"Sec. 26-38. - Prohibited acts.

It shall be unlawful to:

(1)
Willfully obstruct, hinder, or delay any member of the emergency management organization or the enforcement of any lawful rule or regulation issued pursuant to this article or in the performance of any duty imposed upon him by the virtue of this article"

This says to me it will become unlawful to hinder a person who is a member of or appointed by the Emergency Management Organization who comes to mobilize your resourses. (As in TAKE)

Most counties have this already in legislation.....you have to protect the wolves guarding the pigs remember?

However, people fail to realize any efforts to collect the firearms in the US would be futile without a bargaining chip.....FOOD/Water/Security will be that bargaining chip. (Hint...its worked before)

Well here we go in my county......

"Sec. 26-33. - Powers and duties of emergency management council.

It shall be the duty of the county emergency management council and it is empowered to:

(1)
Develop a county emergency management plan. This plan shall provide for the effective mobilization of all the resources of the county, both private and public."

"Sec. 26-38. - Prohibited acts.

It shall be unlawful to:

(1)
Willfully obstruct, hinder, or delay any member of the emergency management organization or the enforcement of any lawful rule or regulation issued pursuant to this article or in the performance of any duty imposed upon him by the virtue of this article"

This says to me it will become unlawful to hinder a person who is a member of or appointed by the Emergency Management Organization who comes to mobilize your resourses. (As in TAKE)

What county or city are you in?

Edit: I believe you are in Stephens. If so the ordinance doesn't give them any powers to come get your stuff, so you are ok.

Last edited:
Got this from a friend in NY today.

NY-GUN-CONFISCATION-NOTICE.jpg

Go here and select a county and enter "emergency" into the search. http://www.municode.com/library/GA

Edit: Clayton County(big surprise), Dawson County, city of Griffin, city of Rome, have the firearm language in their ordinances.

The seizure type of Ordinance is in more, Lumpkin County still has it and is one of many.
h/t TM

http://www.thedahloneganugget.com/v...rty-claims-Emergency-Plan-infringes-on-rights

The recent controversy actually stemmed from a county effort to address concerns about government access to private property that were brought to the forefront by Peggy Hoynes, coordinator for the Georgia 400 TEA Party Patriots, back in January. It was then that she approached Lumpkin County Board Chair Chris Dockery with objections to a line in the ordinance that seemed to give the county the right to “seize, take or temporarily use, or condemn any property for the protection of the public.”

“That language has been removed in the proposed plan. We’ve reworded it to make it more restrictive on us,” said County Manager Stan Kelley.

New wording, new complaints

Kelley said much of the language in the ordinance was taken from GEMA—Georgia Emergency Management Agency.

The addition of a new section, “Additional emergency powers,” struck a nerve with those who stand firmly for gun rights. Under this section the county is specifically given the right to “limit the sale, dispensing or transportation of alcoholic beverages, firearms, explosives and flammable liquids and substances.”

That one again?

"I’m not so sure the part about alcohol and firearms needs to be in there,” Dockery said in a phone interview with The Nugget. “I don’t think the chances of having a situation where that kind of action would be required are strong enough to warrant that language.”

Dockery said although he did not direct Kelley to take another stab at the ordinance, they did talk after the work session.

Kelley told The Nugget Monday. “I feel certain the paragraph regarding firearms will not be included in our recommendations next week.”

Better not.

Back
Top Bottom