• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Gun confiscation in the event of a national emergency..possible?

I think the last thing the troops are going to be concerned with is lawful citizens having weapons.

So is that why they went door to door after Katrina stealing guns?

Cause they weren't worried about em ?

Have to make a judgement call during the situation
Do you give em a throw down gun so they will go away?
Or do you give em the bullets first and take as as many as you can with you?

None of the cops or judges have any problem with with the door to door warrentless searches in Boston either

In fact the cops seemed to be quite enjoying them selves kicking In doors and shoving their guns in people's faces and tossing people out of their homes into the streets

It seems to me that cops enjoy nothing more than doing that sort of thing. They never pass up a Chance to kick in doors and intimidate people

Just look at Boston. Or that bank robbery in Colorado

So don't be counting on the supreme court to stop anything that helps the govt grow bigger and stronger cause that's not gonna happen

Last edited:
i've been trying to stay out of this discussion cuz i love our troops and LEO for what they do for us. but after watching katrina and Boston videos i am a little concerned

Though I love our troops, can't say the same goes for the government enforcers that are known as LE. But this is what I fear many of the troops will be like when it comes to attacking Americans and taking our guns...

[video=youtube_share;GkbLi22Xufg]http://youtu.be/GkbLi22Xufg[/video]

'Just doing what I am told...'

Look I'm not here to argue policy or the intent of politicians, I'm telling you what the law says and the knterpretation of said laws, my opinion is different from what the law says as well.

Yeah I know and I wasn't directing an argument at you. I apologize if it came across that way. The law is ridiculous. That's all I'm saying. And I'm of another opinion than many guys here. I believe there are plenty of servicemen who will refuse to attack Americans if it ever came to that. As much as some of our elected would love for you guys to be mindless robots, you are not.

Dude is a liar. I don't know about the gun confiscation but his were not the first boots on the ground. I got the call around midnight as the storm was hitting to prepare for 6 months and be at the armory at 6am. I had six hours to sober :very_drunk: up and get ready. Luckily we didn't actually leave for a couple of days, but I still left short on cigarets, dip, and sorely needing a haircut. We caught a Navy bird into Ft Polk where our vehicles met us via rail. We were in the air as President Bush was flying over and had to make a pit stop at NAS Pensacola. All this happened before this dude in OK even got the call.

Believe it or not, most senior NCOs have a four year degree and some even have graduate degrees. I have known more than a few 18D go on to medical school and commission as doctors. The Army does everything possible to make higher education available to the troops and encourages it. Moronic, emotionless "order takers" serve no purpose. Critical thinking is necessary in many aspects of Army life. A mission comes down and it is the job of leadership to decide what is the best way to accomplish it all the way down to team level. Soldiers, NCOs, and officers at all level must be capable of making judgements on the fly and adjust to changing conditions.

Before I got old, broken, and joined the NG, all the guys I worked with spoke multiple languages. To even apply for my MOS a soldier must have three digit ASVAB scores across the board and pass the language aptitude battery (that test is no damn joke). I can remember being a PFC sitting in on meetings with field grade officers and expressing my opinion as a subject matter expert. The chevron on my collar was less important than the knowledge and training I could share.

Last edited:
Dude is a liar. I don't know about the gun confiscation but his were not the first boots on the ground. I got the call around midnight as the storm was hitting to prepare for 6 months and be at the armory at 6am. I had six hours to sober :very_drunk: up and get ready. Luckily we didn't actually leave for a couple of days, but I still left short on cigarets, dip, and sorely needing a haircut. We caught a Navy bird into Ft Polk where our vehicles met us via rail. We were in the air as President Bush was flying over and had to make a pit stop at NAS Pensacola. All this happened before this dude in OK even got the call.

HAHAHA I didn't realize Wine Coolers took that long to sober up from? (JK Capt)

As someone with his own DD214 I can say this.

Having led troops being an officer I must say the officer corps and new litmus tests are alarming. However, the main "Strength" behind any force is its NCO corps. These are they guys that have earned their stripes through a lifetime of service (And individuals not to be triffled with).

With that said....People are alarmed because of "The Potential" and that usually manifests itself into a distrust for LEO/MIL/GOV personnel. I personally do not like the military that has come around since 2008 but thats why I have a DD214 I no longer agree with the policies.

I speak out against LEO/MIL/GOV on many threads because so many people of authority have forgotten their oaths and now are crazy on power....thats where I have a problem with those individuals. NCO's/enlisted Men are the pride of the service if they have the proper leadership....but that lies the problem....leadership.

Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely.

I agree ^^^ 1000%. Uuu Rah

So is that why they went door to door after Katrina stealing guns?

Cause they weren't worried about em ?

Have to make a judgement call during the situation
Do you give em a throw down gun so they will go away?
Or do you give em the bullets first and take as as many as you can with you?

Whether you stay or BO- even if LEOs don't confiscate, goes without saying that opportunists will try to take 'em, too- so I guess I don't see the difference. my hope is to not let anyone see enough to want to talk to me in the first place. Discretion, concealment, and carefully navigated evac. I don't want to confront anyone, it will be inevitable at some point anyway, sure- but til then, I'll keep 'em outta sight until someones gives me no choice. Once the shooting starts, it wont stop.
I'll be dressing like a yuppie and put a dora the explorer rainfly over my BOB while we walk it :) I pray we'll be on the move before BHTG.

Last edited:
If the govt, no matter the circumstances, try to take weapons. It is going to end up in Civil War II. Are they sneaky enough to do it a little at a time, so by the time we realize it, its too late? Isnt that Obamas current agenda? Just saying. I lost all my guns in a house fire yeeeaaars ago, so it wouldn't matter..........

Back
Top Bottom