• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Grill advise

Weber Genesis. 5 1/2 years and heats as even as day one. I just replaced the grill grates but getting 5 years of heavy use isn't bad. After years of Char Broil junk I'm sold on Weber.

Assume whatever you like. The Holland does a great job no matter how you like your steak. Someone else said they don't get over 350 degrees and you think they overcook. Curious.
im pretty confudent i guessed correctly. :)
And just because flame doesnt touch a steak doesnt mean it couldnt overcook at 350, just gonna be like eating a shoe.

View attachment 839179

Just purchased a Oklahoma Joe Smoker. Pretty impressed for $268

Edit: Pic added
best deal out there, i wasted a lot of money over the years on smokers,grills, eggs Ect.. that Oklahoma Joe Smoker is the best all around , i got some fireplace door gasket and sealed the edges of all the openings, added a 3" elbow inside to bring the exhaust pipe vent down to the grate . take care of it and it will last a long time.

best deal out there, i wasted a lot of money over the years on smokers,grills, eggs Ect.. that Oklahoma Joe Smoker is the best all around , i got some fireplace door gasket and sealed the edges of all the openings, added a 3" elbow inside to bring the exhaust pipe vent down to the grate . take care of it and it will last a long time.
Agreed! I was thinking of doing the same by sealing all edges. It amazed me how well it consistently holds temperature when smoking.

I need a new propane grill too. I have a Weber, but it doesn't get remotely hot enough unless I put a grate down on the radiating elements, and there are safety issues with that. In the normal configuration, it can't get hot enough to properly sear the meat (like a steakhouse).

Any suggestions on a propane grill that gets charcoal hot?

Stop kidding yourself and get a BGE. Yesterday I smoked a Boston butt for 10hrs, then did mac cheese, then grilled sliced squash and zucchini from the garden, and while we were eating I baked brownies ALL on the BGE. Never thought about turning on the oven and heating up my house. You get what you pay for.

I need a new propane grill too. I have a Weber, but it doesn't get remotely hot enough unless I put a grate down on the radiating elements, and there are safety issues with that. In the normal configuration, it can't get hot enough to properly sear the meat (like a steakhouse).

Any suggestions on a propane grill that gets charcoal hot?
Something must be wrong, I have the cheapest Weber they make (210 or something like that) and I have no problem getting 600+ degrees out of it.

Back
Top Bottom