• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Grandson wants driver's license

I got a quote from USAA to insure one of my 16 year olds to be primary driver on '05 Honda Pilot.

$945/every six months. OUCH!

Yeah, he's still on his learner's permit for a reason.

Sorry OP, don't know about your situation.

I got a quote from USAA to insure one of my 16 year olds to be primary driver on '05 Honda Pilot.

$945/every six months. OUCH!

Yeah, he's still on his learner's permit for a reason.

Sorry OP, don't know about your situation.
Boys are high when it comes to insurance and then if anything happens it really goes through the roof

Negative. Made my son wait til he was 18, so I didn’t have to fool with that **** hole DMV, but One time.
Even told him to tell the instructor he’d just skip the parallel parking since he’d most likely never have to do that, so he passed only failing that part which was -10 I believe.
I still don't understand the whole parallel parking thing. I've been driving since I was 12 ( farm trucks and such) and have never once in my life had to parallel park.

There are 3 licenses (learner's permit, provisional, and regular) If you are 18 you are an adult and don't need a learner's permit and you can just get a full regular license. Having said that, even though not required at 18, the discount that comes with having him take driver's ed first is WELL worth it. My son is about to turn 18 and we JUST got him his permit. His not getting his regular license until he is able to take a driver's ed course

Here is your info. https://www.dmv.com/ga/georgia/driv...a driver education course approved by the DDS.

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom