• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

RED ALERT Biden wants to shut down Lake City Ammo

That is in the unlikely event that it actually happened. Vista Outdoors has a contract with the government. If the government decides to break the contract then Vista could walk away and let them run their own plant. What would be their incentive to stay and just fulfill military orders?

In total agreement. Of course, the US Government never intervenes and breaks contracts to the detriment of everyone other than a few insiders, so we really don't have to worry THAT much.

Just ask GM's bondholders from 2009.

Now, there could be some very good reasons why Vista wouldn't walk away. A provision in the 'renegotiated' contract that they're made good for the loss in revenue? The government really doesn't care if they pay a bit more per round if their social engineering policies are still met.

After all, the increase just comes out of our pockets anyway. It's a win-win for them. We have less disposable income to buy ammo with from elsewhere, they 'close a loophole' and we're less able to defend ourselves.

That is in the unlikely event that it actually happened. Vista Outdoors has a contract with the government. If the government decides to break the contract then Vista could walk away and let them run their own plant. What would be their incentive to stay and just fulfill military orders?
I thought Olin/Winchester had the contract to operate the plant at Lake City currently with a 7 year term with option to renew. I believe they took over in 2020.

Since the Govt does own the Lake City plant they could shut it down/only produce military ammunition, but as those states and Senators opposed pointed out, it would not do anything to enhance national security, and it would cost the taxpayers a bundle.

It would be likely that the contracted company that runs it now would not renew and in order to keep the plant running when needed in any kind efficiency the Govt would have to create federal jobs and make the employees running the plant federal workers and pay them whether it was producing ammo or not.

And it would likely become a seesaw back and forth thing between administrations every 4 years making any kind of investment for a contractor useless...so again, the federal govt would have to federalize those workers, similar to what they did with airport security and TSA.

I thought Olin/Winchester had the contract to operate the plant at Lake City currently with a 7 year term with option to renew. I believe they took over in 2020.
That's right. I get confused. Same concept applies though. What threw me was the OP mentioning Federal and Hornady.

I'm gonna bet Biden in an effort to appease his base will put out some kind of mandate that goes something like".Lake City Ammunition is forbidden to supply military grade ammunition to companies that sell ammunition to the general public blah blah". His base will cheer and say how strong he is....and life will go on as normal since thats already the case..lol

But who knows if this thing catches a mind of its own, between the news article and the letter sent by 20 AG's to the justice department, if they take hold of this and don't let go, he will have to do something and it will be stupid...

The rumors about the Lake City contracts have been floating around almost 6 months, the letters etc is a new thing within the past couple of weeks after the New York Times article interestingly enough that came out around the 11th of Nov.

For some reason they are starting the noise about the article now. I guess this is round 1 in this years election silly season. (to steal a phrase from F1)

Back
Top Bottom