• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

RED ALERT Biden wants to shut down Lake City Ammo

I'm gonna bet Biden in an effort to appease his base will put out some kind of mandate that goes something like".Lake City Ammunition is forbidden to supply military grade ammunition to companies that sell ammunition to the general public blah blah". His base will cheer and say how strong he is....and life will go on as normal since thats already the case..lol

But who knows if this thing catches a mind of its own, between the news article and the letter sent by 20 AG's to the justice department, if they take hold of this and don't let go, he will have to do something and it will be stupid...

The rumors about the Lake City contracts have been floating around almost 6 months, the letters etc is a new thing within the past couple of weeks after the New York Times article interestingly enough that came out around the 11th of Nov.

For some reason they are starting the noise about the article now. I guess this is round 1 in this years election silly season. (to steal a phrase from F1)

They are already forbidden from selling military ammo to the public according to the article in Post #3. It states:
"Among the list of "errors" the GOP AGs point out that their Democrat colleages allege that ammunition manufactured for "military use" does not belong in communities.

"First, the ammunition manufactured at Lake City and sold into the commercial market is not the primary rifle cartridge used by the United States military. The primary cartridge is proprietary to the Army and may not be sold commercially,"

I just spent +$250 for ammo at Adventure Outdoors. Everything I bought was on sale except for a box of 30/30 170g. They had big crates of ammo in the store. Ammo in .22LR is certainly getting more affordable (I bought a 'bucket' of 500 rounds).

That says to me that the supply of ammo from other manufacturers is working well. I think most of the ammo plants are in the southern States?

givethemhope-takeitaway.gif

I just spent +$250 for ammo at Adventure Outdoors. Everything I bought was on sale except for a box of 30/30 170g. They had big crates of ammo in the store. Ammo in .22LR is certainly getting more affordable (I bought a 'bucket' of 500 rounds).

That says to me that the supply of ammo from other manufacturers is working well. I think most of the ammo plants are in the southern States?

No, CCI, Speer etc are up in Idaho if I remember correctly. Remington and Winchester might be down here.

The only direct impact of a change in Lake City's operations would be 7.62x51/308 and 5.56. Now, that *could* translate into a broader concern that encourages people to panic buy ALL calibers, but that wouldn't be LC production.

The only direct impact of a change in Lake City's operations would be 7.62x51/308 and 5.56. Now, that *could* translate into a broader concern that encourages people to panic buy ALL calibers, but that wouldn't be LC production.
I got 500 rounds of 5.56 Nato with the purchase of a S&W Model 15 at AO, there is no shortage.

Just saying

I got 500 rounds of 5.56 Nato with the purchase of a S&W Model 15 at AO, there is no shortage.

Just saying

I don't see a shortage now, and aside from people panicing about this news, I wouldn't expect there to be one in the near future.

Out of interest, what's on the headstamp of that 556?

Back
Top Bottom