• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Grab your guns boys.

A world in which I can't own a gun and they come to my house to take it will be the day I choose to either fight and keep my weapons or they kill me cause it's not worth living that way! I don't think that would ever happen here but they are slowly stripping all of our rights away a little chip at a time! People are too complacent about things and sit back and say well what are you going to do? I'm going to fight it and let them know I don't agree with them! Just think if George Washington and many others just sat back and said "well we can't do anything so why try" ?!

Awesome post..couldn't agree more!

A year ago, I did not own a gun... Now... after about 9 months on this site I have about 18-20.. even lost count.... I am hoping I never "need" one, but if the need arises, I will be ready.
We will know long before they come knocking on our doors to take our guns.... I do know we have lost some freedoms over the last 5-6 years and we will have more attempts to restrict our freedoms including a tighter control on those guns that you and I own legally.
Before they come knocking on our doors to take them away, I see a fight that would end at the Supreme Court level... So we will have plenty of notice.

It really depends on the chances of organized or at least large scale group effort.

Shooting an agent at your doorstep gets you killed, maybe a riot gets started over it and you martyred for the cause, but that's unlikely.

Look at the Arab Spring. Success in revolution usually started growing in numbers before going violent, it allowed for organization, leadership structure, etc..

So when they announce confiscation, you get a huge protest/riot going(let the government strike first or at least look like jackbooted thugs), then let media and other organizations show a bunch of citizens getting rubber bulleted, hit with bats, tear gassed, etc... and then you have good fuel for successive riots which may become more and more similar to battlefields.

Problem is us gun owners are pretty ****ty about really getting our numbers together for protests, mostly because were all so into being self reliant we tend to sit back and only protect our own.
That pretty much sums it up right there...

In my eyes I see that as a bunch of stuff that government had business getting into in the first place! What somebody does in their own home as long as it does not affect anybody else what is the problem. I aint gay and I don't smoke dope but millions of people in America live those life styles now and I have never been affected by them. When it comes down to it whatever somebody does in the end is between them and God and I believe they will answer for it. Judge not lest ye be judged!

I share this view as well!!!!!

I wish I knew the answer. No doubt there is a line I just don't know where it is. To me - confiscation would be the line but one would have to be smart about how to stand against the line.
Laxguy seems to have (as usual) a pretty good handle on it.

For all of those who say "pry them from my cold dead hands", you are in a different situation than I am. While guns are are functional works of art, they do not compare to my wife and kids. I don't want turn over my gun. If this country gets to the place where the authorities are at my door with guns drawn looking for my gun, I will open the safe and step away to ensure the security of my family. The key here is to prevent the situation from getting to that point. In the case of Katrina it was not an organized movement againt known gun owners. They did not have lists of guns and owners. Just hide them and say " I don't own guns". There was never any prosecution of gun owners that diden't turn them in. That is a different situation from the authorities showing up with your name and a list of guns you have purchased. Bottom line I will protect my family however I need to.

Fire away

Nah. We respect LEOs.

But I haven't seen one in about 29 years.
All I've seen lately are costumed revenue collecting thugs

A generation ago they actually put some effort into preventing and solving crimes
Now it's all about the numbers
How many "contacts" they make each week and how much $$ they rake in for the dept

Why else would they put so much effort and time into speed traps and traffic stops ??

Exactly! Most of these poorly educated individuals' #1 priority is collecting revenue and perpetuating crime to meet their ever-increasing quotas.....which they gladly do because it's "exciting" and gives them self-worth via dept praise and mass uneducated sheeple.
Rarely any liability for mass corruption which is conveniently deemed "justified procedure"
And the masses generally encourage it with the pretense of "keeping us safe"

Back
Top Bottom