• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock 42 First Shots Review

Just attended GLOCK Armorer recert yesterday. They did not have the G42 for us to see before the SHOT Show unveiling, but we did get to see the G28 (not available to the U.S. commercial market). I may get one once the initial rush is over, but for now I'll stick with my KAHR.

I feel like glock missed the boat. Either make a pocket gun and compete with Kahr or make a medium gun to be fun to shoot and maybe conceal. IE Beretta or Bersa. They split the diff. Starting with the 9 would have been better. They are competing against the lc9 and xds with 2 fewer millimeters.

And the Shield. And the PPS. And the P938. and yeah, it should have been a 9mm.

I held a G42 today and laid a LCP on top of it to compare. Slide is 3/4in longer and frame isn't much different than the LCP with the pinky extension on the mag and just a little thicker. I should have snapped a pic but I didn't think about it. I think I could pocket carry pretty easily.

Thanks for the write up! I'm very glad to read the first hand information. I like glock pistols- I was really hoping that this one would be a 9mm. But I can understand the market strategy- sell them in .380 first and then sell more in 9mm.

Right now I'm much more interested in the Remington R51.

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_01_11_u2e2ybyt.jpg

Next to an LCP

Back
Top Bottom