• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock 42 First Shots Review

I just wanna know why it wasn't released in 9mm. I can't find any advantage 380 would have over 9mm.
Yes' exactly. There is no reason for this pistol to exist. I just yesterday traded for a PF 9 for my wife to carry. She was way more pleased than with the FEG Hi Power I bought previously. And granted,Kel Tec is NOT mechanically on the same page with Glock, it IS on the same page with function and quality.AND... this PF9 hlods one more round of REAL 9 x 19mm. I don't work for Kel Tec and don't wanna suck up to them. But damn! There are at least 3 other brands of pistols in this same size platform that shoot real 9mm. So why buy ANY .380?

Yes' exactly. There is no reason for this pistol to exist. I just yesterday traded for a PF 9 for my wife to carry. She was way more pleased than with the FEG Hi Power I bought previously. And granted,Kel Tec is NOT mechanically on the same page with Glock, it IS on the same page with function and quality.AND... this PF9 hlods one more round of REAL 9 x 19mm. I don't work for Kel Tec and don't wanna suck up to them. But damn! There are at least 3 other brands of pistols in this same size platform that shoot real 9mm. So why buy ANY .380?

I've always thought it would be neat if Kel Tec's designers worked at Glock.

If .380 was at least as cheap to shoot as 9mm, I would consider one, but I'll wait for the 9mm version if that's happening.

I've always thought it would be neat if Kel Tec's designers worked at Glock.
Did you know that the " Kel" part of Kel Tec stands for George Kelgren? This is the guy ( I believe a Swedish guy ) that came up with the KG9/KG99 and if I'm not mistaken,the Grendel 380. This is a guy that has been working with and designing polymer pistols since the 70s and 80s. I suspect that Kel Tec inherited or bought out the old Grendel tooling/facility. The Grendel P12 is so close to the original P 11 that it's hard to miss. And the KT plant is located in the same Florida town where Grendel used to be.

If .380 was at least as cheap to shoot as 9mm, I would consider one, but I'll wait for the 9mm version if that's happening.
Yeah,WTF?! It would seem appropriate for 380 to be at least a dollar or two cheaper than real 9mm. But oh hell no... all the 380 ammo I've seen is way higher than 9mm or 45 ACP. So what's the point?

Did you know that the " Kel" part of Kel Tec stands for George Kelgren? This is the guy ( I believe a Swedish guy ) that came up with the KG9/KG99 and if I'm not mistaken,the Grendel 380. This is a guy that has been working with and designing polymer pistols since the 70s and 80s. I suspect that Kel Tec inherited or bought out the old Grendel tooling/facility. The Grendel P12 is so close to the original P 11 that it's hard to miss. And the KT plant is located in the same Florida town where Grendel used to be.

Yeah, I knew some of the history. I remember looking at those Grendels thinking how ugly they were back in day lol. Very innovative though!

I feel like glock missed the boat. Either make a pocket gun and compete with Kahr or make a medium gun to be fun to shoot and maybe conceal. IE Beretta or Bersa. They split the diff. Starting with the 9 would have been better. They are competeing against the lc9 and xds with 2 fewer millimeters.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom