• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Givers &Takers Rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
If someone only wants offers via PM, they should disable the comments! By putting it in the thread it lets others know wjat has been offered and turned down or counter offered. By only going through PMs it makes me think of Ebay!
Agreed sniper, but sellers don't always think of this - potential buyers on the other hand should know that it is not smart nor prudent to conduct private business in an open forum unless they really want to generate some comments or make a sneaky point about the seller's offer. Should be nobody else's business.

Paynefree and sniper22 have good points - and I don't think any decent traders.buyers/sellers here have any sympathy for "flippers". Maybe we need a new forum where we can "out" the suspected flippers and ne'er do wells and let go some "steam" at the same time :argue:

This probably won't happen though because it will probably result in a lot of "meet me in Walmart's parking lot at 2a.m." situations - not good :crazy:.

I got warnings for commenting that I would buy the amom if he threw in an m9 for 350.00. It's the warnings and infractions I receive which keeps me from upping my supporter status nowadays. Yes I know it's only 15.00 but kind of like what everyone says about Dicks sporting goods locations I just feel better because of not buying in.
Damn! What did I miss? I would say PM me with the dirty details but I hear the site has eyes and ears everywhere.
On your supporter status I'm starting to see what you mean. I think it was NWS that made a similar comment in my Golden Chicken thread about a week ago. My status lapsed around February and I felt kinda guilty losing my logo . And I kinda felt like I was free loading. But suddenly its less important. Maybe I about just do a few $15.00 giveaways and really give back to da comrunity. I mean that's really supporting the site too, ain't it? How bout $15.00 worth of scratch tickets?

Oh and by the way, as I've said before I just don't see near enough profit in flipping guns and certainly not in ammo. There is still nothing wrong with flipping most anything for a profit. But IF I did choose to do that with a gun that I got from here I certainly wouldn't post it right back up on here. I WOULD have the good sense and decency to post it somewhere else like Armslist. Nothing wrong with making a profit but you don't have to be a tacky D bag about doing it.

Last edited:
I do not flip and I do not know the deal you all are talking about, but if someone is selling something very cheap and you think its worth the $$ investment to buy so you can turn around and sell for a profit, then I am not sure what the problem is. Buy low & sell high...it's the American way for goodness sake.

If someone wants to dump something and someone else buys it and ask the value--- and doesnt care to sit on it ,it is none of your business with your broke ass. Maybe he plans to trade it for value of gun. If that really bothers you -call obama and set up a hearing with the senate and start tearing down these straight pawn shop owners. Boo hoo

I want to be sympathetic to this but how is it any different than any other transaction in your life?

If it was a straightforward buy initially then what's the fuss? Was it discounted for some reason to help the buyer out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom