• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Game warden question

To the OP, Congrats, had my share of GW run ins as well. I was blocked from exiting (our private ) dirt road and questioned about dumping shingles (while in a convertible '66 Mustang) WTF?? The same GW came to our (private pond) and requested my brothers license, he told him to "swim out here and check it" after about an hour he left.

My dad had the best one though. Back then we had a bunch of goats and a roaming pack of wild dogs. Long story short ...this GW shows up and accuses my dad of night hunting/shining deer. Picture this..2AM,50' out the back door, 60yo Vietnam Vet in nothing but tighty whities and unlaced combat boots, with a 12Ga and a flashlight. 3 dead/dying goats and 4 dead dogs. After that "conversation" we had no further GW issues.

I am an LEO and I personally dont think those charges will stick. Devils advocate, if he cannot locate you to issue citation he will take warrants.

Don't you have to have concrete identification to issue a warrant ? Can you take out a warrant for "Jody Brown" without knowing his personal info such as date of birth, s/s number, address ? If so every "Jody Brown" in America is in trouble with a chance of being picked up. I did'nt read where in this case personal info was given so how would a LEO go about getting a warrant for this. I don't think a Judge would issue one but maybe I'm wrong.

Back
Top Bottom