• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ga state university carry? hell yes

Well I think that if I were in a location of concern say " PICK ONE, SOME ARE WORSE THAN OTHERS" YOU KNOW WHO + WHERE THEY ARE. I would carry a pocket sized concealed weapon and would not tell ANY of my BUDDIES or GIRL FRIENDS OR TEACHERS & SOME family members that I was carrying one, Don`t go bragging about it to look like your cool.

"IT IS BETTER TO HAVE IT AND NOT NEED IT THAN TO NEED IT AND NOT HAVE IT"!!

I currently attend georgia tech. I will say that if this bill does pass I will be in line for a concealed carry permit and ill be finidng something to carry. Might even keep an AR locked in my dorm (mainly so i could shoot on weekends, but you never know)

We get weekly emails about robberies on campus. When its a felony to carry anywhere around what criminal is gonna even think twice before robbing anyone in sight.

Last edited:
I walked onto Georgia state campus to work out some paperwork for fall and can't decide if it is safer or more dangerous than Athens. Is it worth the cost to park there rather than Marta in? I hope to bump into some of you gsu members while down there for easy tradin!

When guns are outlawed only outlaws have guns. an old saying but true. Liberals are stupid to believe laws will be obeyed by outlaws. They want guns outlawed period. Law abiding citizens these days are denied their right to carry by well meaning, in their own minds anyway, but very stupid people. I wonder what if while the police where hiding behind trees listening to gunshots and people dying at Virginia Tech if one of those students had had a legal gun and had dispatched the crazy. I don't mean to low rate the police but they are payed to take a certain amount of risk, like fire fighters do When entering a burning building, rather than waiting on the SWAT team every time. Just my humble opinion.

so i go to ga state, and because i go to a dangerous area downtown on a regular basis it makes perfect sense to legislators that i cannot bring a weapon to defend myself in case of confrontation

today i read a short article in the editorial section of the school newspaper about carry on campus (the paper sucks, i read it because i forgot my text book and couldnt sleep because sha-nequia and her boo were being fantastically rude and loud.)

anyway, liberal bias aside it seems that certain individuals in government are prompting new laws that would allow those with permits to carry firearms inside of campus buildings

anyone got anymore info on this? cant tell you how much i would like to slip at least a .25 in my pocket before class in case im accosted by crackheads on marta. of course the writer said it would just spark more shootings. but of course it would, muggers getting shot is a good thing :)

God bless you-

I don't understand how anyone can attend Georgia State these days. May the force be with you- (you may need it.)

It's House Bill 981. If you want school carry to pass this year, then get involved. Write your Rep and Senator and call them to. Be polite and respectful. GeorgiaCarry.org has been working on this for years. Another way to help is to become a member of GCO by paying $15.00 for a membership. It goes toward paying for the professional lobbyist we have working the capital and paying for lawsuits they file.

There has been a lot of behind the scenes work being done by GCO and others this legislative session. There is a big opportunity to pass some major gun related legislation this year, but we need everyone involved.:thumb:

http://www.georgiacarry.org/cms/current-bills/

The more people who write the more motivated they will be to change the laws to carry....

Back
Top Bottom