• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ga state university carry? hell yes

chucklenut

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
362   0
Reaction score
so i go to ga state, and because i go to a dangerous area downtown on a regular basis it makes perfect sense to legislators that i cannot bring a weapon to defend myself in case of confrontation

today i read a short article in the editorial section of the school newspaper about carry on campus (the paper sucks, i read it because i forgot my text book and couldnt sleep because sha-nequia and her boo were being fantastically rude and loud.)

anyway, liberal bias aside it seems that certain individuals in government are prompting new laws that would allow those with permits to carry firearms inside of campus buildings

anyone got anymore info on this? cant tell you how much i would like to slip at least a .25 in my pocket before class in case im accosted by crackheads on marta. of course the writer said it would just spark more shootings. but of course it would, muggers getting shot is a good thing :)

I'm also a student, and while I'm not exactly on the most dangerous side of town, I'd much rather be armed than not. Thankfully, our state legislature tends to be moving more in the direction of gun owner's rights, rather than restrictions.

anyone got anymore info on this? cant tell you how much i would like to slip at least a .25 in my pocket before class in case im accosted by crackheads on marta. of course the writer said it would just spark more shootings. but of course it would, muggers getting shot is a good thing :)

A .25? You'd be better off carrying a 22 mag. Or better yet, a 380. I hear a Sig P238 in a Desantis pocket holster slips into the pocket rather nicely.. :whistle:

so i go to ga state, and because i go to a dangerous area downtown on a regular basis it makes perfect sense to legislators that i cannot bring a weapon to defend myself in case of confrontation

today i read a short article in the editorial section of the school newspaper about carry on campus (the paper sucks, i read it because i forgot my text book and couldnt sleep because sha-nequia and her boo were being fantastically rude and loud.)

anyway, liberal bias aside it seems that certain individuals in government are prompting new laws that would allow those with permits to carry firearms inside of campus buildings

I know what you're saying. I work on a University Campus here in GA. While it is lawful for me to have a loaded weapon in my car it is not lawful for me to carry it in the building. Now while I'm not located in downtown ATL I do work in a well, interesting area which surrounds the campus. I do worry on a regular basis and do visualize hearing that awful "popping" noise go off in the building. I really wish I had a better solution to deal with such a threat other than a broomstick or Campus PD. I believe the law almost got voted in last year but was reduced to just the State Parks and such.

Last edited:
I'm also a student, and while I'm not exactly on the most dangerous side of town, I'd much rather be armed than not. Thankfully, our state legislature tends to be moving more in the direction of gun owner's rights, rather than restrictions.

A .25? You'd be better off carrying a 22 mag. Or better yet, a 380. I hear a Sig P238 in a Desantis pocket holster slips into the pocket rather nicely.. :whistle:
i got a pocket colt 1908. its to easy for me to slip it in behind my wallet and go about my day. i wouldnt mind a NAA guardian in .32acp. anyone got one? i got a cz52 and a hundred rounds plus a holster ill trade ya

Just everyone please be very, very cautious about your actions on this one. I would not advise carrying a firearm into any State University.

But I would encourage anyone that's concerned about obtaining the right to do so to hit up their representatives. GA is starting to get on the right track with it's carry policies and this ability would be a big plus.

Back
Top Bottom