• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ga state university carry? hell yes

Didn't you know? A State University is a magical place where no-one can harm you.

But yeah, Ga Tech is having some issue's with muggings, ect also. I don't go to either, but I would like to be armed at my school.

My girl was mugged in the campus parking lot last year, in broad day light! And then to make matters worse Campus PD acted like SHE was a nuisance by her reporting it! They told her to carry pepper spray or a taser from now on, even though your not supposed to. They said just don't tell anyone we told you that. I now walk her to her car everyday we ride seperate, or even like yesterday when I had to leave early I made SURE one of my friends walked her to her car for me.

My Glock is always in my car, but that won't do me much good if I start hearing the dreaded "pop" on the 4th floor during the day.

They told her to carry pepper spray or a taser from now on, even though your not supposed to.

Apparently Georgia Tech does not mind about the pepper spray:

GT Website said:
Top 10 Health Issues Affecting Students at Georgia Tech (in no particular order):

10. Campus Crime: Living on an urban campus, crime prevention is a serious concern. Practice safe habits, consider taking self-defense classes, and carrying pepper spray. Contact the Crime Prevention unit of the Georgia Tech Police Department with questions or concerns.

Oh, how I do miss Georgia State! Anyway, you can keep a weapon locked in your vehicle--which was always comforting to me being stuck in traffic on Fort St. watching crackheads rummage through purses and groups of people fight while trying to get onto 75 N.

I always parked at the Hurt parking garage by Sensational Subs which seems more secure than the school decks.

Also...dear God does the school paper suck balls! I swear that every time I read it I'd lose more IQ points than if I spent all afternoon at Sidebar drinking. However, a stack of them is nice to have on hand if you have a birdcage, you're training a puppy, cleaning guns on your kitchen tabe, et cetera...

Last edited:
i got a friend who's son just graduated from ga. tech . The poor guy stayed worried to death about his son while he was there . I could understand . i was working down on McDaniel st when a thug hit me in the back of the head with a 4 inch piece of railroad ballast , knocked me out . Now the officer said i could have shot him , now , my qustion is how on the street can you protect yoursself , but you can't downtown on the street. school -street or not , i don't understand these schools don't see that these kids are more of a target because they know they are unarmed , but why can't they have a weapon? especially if they have a required training , i don't get these school's - Virginia tech for an example .

It's House Bill 981. If you want school carry to pass this year, then get involved. Write your Rep and Senator and call them to. Be polite and respectful. GeorgiaCarry.org has been working on this for years. Another way to help is to become a member of GCO by paying $15.00 for a membership. It goes toward paying for the professional lobbyist we have working the capital and paying for lawsuits they file.

There has been a lot of behind the scenes work being done by GCO and others this legislative session. There is a big opportunity to pass some major gun related legislation this year, but we need everyone involved.:thumb:

http://www.georgiacarry.org/cms/current-bills/
HB 981 – Summary:
Authorize concealed weapons to be carried in:
Government buildings except Courthouses
Schools
Polling places
Bars
Churches and other venues
Sets the penalty for violating this code – with license, a misdemeanor. Without license, a felony.
Eliminates fingerprinting for Georgia Weapons Carry License renewals and incorporates a NICS background check with both initial license and renewals.
Rework the Emergency Powers Act to prevent members of the police, government agencies or National Guard from disarming citizens during states of emergency and gives residents a right to sue if that occurs. States the court shall award the prevailing party, other than the state or political subdivision thereof, reasonable attorney fees.
Places knives under state preemption law, Code Section 16-11-173
Require weapons seized by law enforcement to be sold at auction to dealers, collectors and firearms manufacturers.
Legalize hunting with suppressors.
Maintain Private Property Owner’s rights to prohibit carry on their property

Back
Top Bottom