• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Full kit workout???

I bought some armor earlier this year and it is cumbersome, to say the least, if you plan to wear it for hours at a time. I have lost 40 pounds this year so that definitely helps. I probably would not wear it unless I was having to move through a more urban environment or indoors. I believe in a bug out situation a simple chest rig or gear belt would be more realistic, not to mention practical. Not that any of this is too realistic. I guess you never know for sure, though...Especially the way things are going nowadays.

I believe no matter your physical condition, maybe the best thing anyone could have to escape a threat quickly would be a four wheeler and a full tank of gas.

so are you thinking
this
upload_2016-8-6_17-56-10.jpeg

or this
images

and something for the new moms
images

Though I agree th likelihood of me saving my bacon long term in and apocalyptic scenario Etc , by having awesome equipment s not likely. But man it's fun to by and mess with. And for those who think it's useless. I say to you. It's not more useless than a million dollar pice of art or a Ferrari or a platinum Rolex or a face lift. So if I enjoy spending time and money on survival gear I say to each his own. I had a guy tell me one time that notepad or spending money on ammo and going shooting I should give it to the poor. Though I agree with him we do need to help the poor. I said to him how about you don't go to the movie or out to dinner or to a game and give the money to the poor. Somehow guns ammo and survival stuff is not a reasonable way to spend my money I guess. By buying A $2500 Apple computer or a $900. Phone Etc is. Total bull crap double standard.

Though I agree th likelihood of me saving my bacon long term in and apocalyptic scenario Etc , by having awesome equipment s not likely. But man it's fun to by and mess with. And for those who think it's useless. I say to you. It's not more useless than a million dollar pice of art or a Ferrari or a platinum Rolex or a face lift. So if I enjoy spending time and money on survival gear I say to each his own. I had a guy tell me one time that notepad or spending money on ammo and going shooting I should give it to the poor. Though I agree with him we do need to help the poor. I said to him how about you don't go to the movie or out to dinner or to a game and give the money to the poor. Somehow guns ammo and survival stuff is not a reasonable way to spend my money I guess. By buying A $2500 Apple computer or a $900. Phone Etc is. Total bull crap double standard.

AMEN!!! I WOULD RATHER HAVE IT AND NOT NEED IT, THEN NEED IT AND NOT HAVE IT.

Hey in the topic of moving around with heavy stuff on. Anybody think of using and enduro motorbike instead of a jeep Etc? Pros, cons? Seems like it would be good on gas easy to fix and agile and cheap and just about enough proof , compared to a jeep
Etc. . Down side is you can't carry much I guess. And zero protection from the elements.

problem is fuel. a bike will get better mileage, but not better range. a DS has a 1 to 3 gallon tank and you cant carry as much extra fuel. kawi made some klr 650's for the military that are diesel. they had a much longer range. take a jeep with a 20 gal tank, gets 300 miles per tank. if you carry 100 gals of fuel, you get about 1500 miles. if you could get one, the klr d gets about 138 per gallon add a 6 gal tank and you get around 800 per tank. the trick is carrying your kit, your zombie weapons, and more fuel. the sad thing is, my wife's diesel beetle gets 45 to 50 mpg and is a 98 with mechanical injection. it can run on almost anything oil based, it has a 14 gal tank so 60 gals gives you the 2700 is miles. it makes it a good choice for range, BUTTTTTTTTTT....... is got pink lips, eyelashes, and says punch bug in a pink stripe down the side.
so you may make it a long way, but when you stopped you may get Ned Beatty"ed ...

Haha! I love it. The beetle I mean! It could be the best bug out vehicle of all time. People would look at it go by and say naaaa whoever is driving that must be crazy. If anybody does catch you your gonna have a hard time convincing them your not a ragin homo!
Good points on the range issue. Then again I'm not sure you need to drive 1000 plus miles to bug out. I agree it needs to be diesel. Gas goes bad so quickly. One year sitting there and it's useless. Diesel has a longer shelf life. Not to mention bio options.

Really?
You guys really should have enlisted, I'm sure you would have made good soldiers.

I have my own ideas and they don't involve running through the woods like rambo.

Walking along the road with a shovel was a good way to get shot.
A shovel. Shoes optional.

Maybe thinking like an insurgent for a bit would help get your gear straight.
YMMV

Not a good option. Been discusssed here and elsewhere many a times. In short, Bikes are vulnerable, no security either moving or stopped/camped. You do not have very good situational awareness, esp. on dirt and single track because you have to keep focused on where the bike is going.

Ok ok, I will admit to the gayest thing ever. I rowe on a machine during the winter, normally I swim. Anyway, while I do my rowing I often wear my gear. My wife does her exercise at the same time. She does this stupid retarded game on the XBox Kennect called Dance Dance Revolution.

One night she was dancing right along while I was gassing hard on the rower. She dogged me out a bit and I started talking smack about her game. She challenged me to try it and goated me into it. I got up from the rower in my belt and chest rig. 7 full mags in total. I danced one song and thought I was going to pass straight out.

So yea, I dance to stupid freakin pop songs at night with my wife it full gear. No plates. Whatever, you guys been served!

Back
Top Bottom