• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Full kit workout???

I LOVE THIS THREAD!!! I HAVE BEEN TO SEVERAL CLASSES/MEETINGS IN THE ALPHARETTA AREA THAT ARE PREPPING/TIN FOIL HAT MEETINGS. THESE MEETS ALWAYS END UP TALKING ABOUT WHAT THEIR GOING TO DO IF THEY LOSE THEIR MEANS OF TRANSPORTATION. ALMOST EVERYONE IN THE CLASS SAYS IM LOADING UP ALL MY GEAR AND WALKING HOME. I JUST LAUGHED AT ALL OF THEM AND ASKED AN OPEN QUESTION... WHEN IS THE LAST TIME ANYONE OF YOU HAVE LOADED ALL YOUR GEAR UP AND WALKED A CITY BLOCK, MUCH LESS THEM MILES TO YOUR DESIRED DESTINATION? NOT ONE PERSON ANSWERS THAT IN A POSITIVE WAY. ALMOST EVERYONE IN THE ROOM CAN NOT EVEN WALK TO THE NEAREST MCDONALDS TO GET ANOTHER BIG MAC, EVEN THOUGH THEY HAVE A TON OF PREPPING/HOMESTEADING KNOWLEDGE.

AT 30 YEARS OLD I TRAIN WITH ALL MY GEAR ON AT THE RANGE OR IN THE WOODS. GETTING YOUR BODY USED TO CARRYING THE LOAD WILL PAY OFF IN THE END. IT IS NOT DIFFERENT THEN HITTING THE GYM UP IT IS JUST A DIFFERENT KIND OF GYM.

internetcommando.jpg

I LOVE THIS THREAD!!! I HAVE BEEN TO SEVERAL CLASSES/MEETINGS IN THE ALPHARETTA AREA THAT ARE PREPPING/TIN FOIL HAT MEETINGS. THESE MEETS ALWAYS END UP TALKING ABOUT WHAT THEIR GOING TO DO IF THEY LOSE THEIR MEANS OF TRANSPORTATION. ALMOST EVERYONE IN THE CLASS SAYS IM LOADING UP ALL MY GEAR AND WALKING HOME. I JUST LAUGHED AT ALL OF THEM AND ASKED AN OPEN QUESTION... WHEN IS THE LAST TIME ANYONE OF YOU HAVE LOADED ALL YOUR GEAR UP AND WALKED A CITY BLOCK, MUCH LESS THEM MILES TO YOUR DESIRED DESTINATION? NOT ONE PERSON ANSWERS THAT IN A POSITIVE WAY. ALMOST EVERYONE IN THE ROOM CAN NOT EVEN WALK TO THE NEAREST MCDONALDS TO GET ANOTHER BIG MAC, EVEN THOUGH THEY HAVE A TON OF PREPPING/HOMESTEADING KNOWLEDGE.

AT 30 YEARS OLD I TRAIN WITH ALL MY GEAR ON AT THE RANGE OR IN THE WOODS. GETTING YOUR BODY USED TO CARRYING THE LOAD WILL PAY OFF IN THE END. IT IS NOT DIFFERENT THEN HITTING THE GYM UP IT IS JUST A DIFFERENT KIND OF GYM.

View attachment 860777

STOP YELLING AT US!!!

Serious though, where do you train in Alpharetta? That's my neck of the woods, well more over in East Cobb, but I work in Alpharetta. I have to drive 1-2.5 hours to train.

Great idea. I'll look into some air soft.
pm me. Allen has a field in Dawsonville (gorge town) its just a pickup game field, but they have had a few ops there. its a good place for starting and one heck of a work out. everything there is up hill, even down hill is up hill...you will get some good ideas of how your kit works, and it will give you some adrenalin mag change drills. run midcaps, they hold about 90rnds, but in airsoft you go thru them quick. you learn how to orientate them for fast reloads, and use of your dump pouch as well. like i say, as close as civies can get.

airsoft will never be a a real simulation, it just wont. but what is real is the workout, using your kit, streamlining your kit, moving to cover, scanning for targets, sneaking, reloads( heck if you get a nice gas blow back, they have a bolt release, a light recoil, 30rnd mags, malfunctions, and are 1to1 replicas.) paintball will never get close with the hoppers and such.

My only problem with air soft is looking like a total retard as a 40 something dude running around shooting at kids and yelling YOUR HIT!!lol. I just can't suck up my pride I guess.
On the other hand. We can't all be 20 and hard as nails again. But we can all eat right, work out and be the fittest person we can be. Not only will it help save us in a bad scenario but will keep us from dying on our desks at work. Not to mention ripped guys get all the super models. Haha. Wait I meant to say rich guys. Haha.

Back
Top Bottom