• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Full kit workout???

Sandybar

Default rank <750 posts Supporter
Frontiersman
80   2
Reaction score
So here is a good question to ask yourself. I'm especially speaking to the armchair commandos out there. Especially the ones with a big wallet and a big belly. So I understand that you probably have some great kit. You have gone over it in every detail. Down to the cool patches and med pouch. So this bad boy with mags plates and all the goodies probabaly ways somewhere around 45 pounds. Add a helmet, weapon Etc and your adding maybe 50 pounds of weight to yourself. Not to mention it's harder to breath with weight on your chest and its hot hell. So my question is who has ever actually put all there kit on and did some serious cardio as if they were in and emergency situation? Well if your nodding your head side to side saying it wasn't you. I have a little wake up call for you. So I'm a 40 year old in good to great condition. Lift weights,
Run, play sports Etc. I eat
Right and I am pretty lean. So I decided one day to put all my stuff on and run around in the back yard doing different exercises Etc. I lasted all of about 10 minutes and I was done. I mean done!!! I would have asked someone to shoot me just to not be dying of heat and cardio overload. Lol!!! Truth being told when you see a bad ass 20 year old navy seal having to shuffle when he runs you know it's heavy. So I have re evaluated what I consider to be essential kit. And know I also understand why those crazy jihadist run around fighting in there pajamas instead of full kit. Better to die from a stray fragment than from heat exaustion I guess. So when your feeling frisky pop a energy drink and out all your kit on and go do hard exercise for 10 minutes and come back and let us all know how it went. Maybe you'll be like hell
That was easy I should have added two more mags.
I have to admit my wife was correct when she told me
I was crazy buying all this crap. Not because I'm wrong about the threat sooner or later. But because I'm going to have a heart attack trying to where it all and run around. Anyway hope you guys enjoy it and let
Me know if I'm not the only armchair commando who had and enlightening experience.

image.gif

So here is a good question to ask yourself. I'm especially speaking to the armchair commandos out there. Especially the ones with a big wallet and a big belly. So I understand that you probably have some great kit. You have gone over it in every detail. Down to the cool patches and med pouch. So this bad boy with mags plates and all the goodies probabaly ways somewhere around 45 pounds. Add a helmet, weapon Etc and your adding maybe 50 pounds of weight to yourself. Not to mention it's harder to breath with weight on your chest and its hot hell. So my question is who has ever actually put all there kit on and did some serious cardio as if they were in and emergency situation? Well if your nodding your head side to side saying it wasn't you. I have a little wake up call for you. So I'm a 40 year old in good to great condition. Lift weights,
Run, play sports Etc. I eat
Right and I am pretty lean. So I decided one day to put all my stuff on and run around in the back yard doing different exercises Etc. I lasted all of about 10 minutes and I was done. I mean done!!! I would have asked someone to shoot me just to not be dying of heat and cardio overload. Lol!!! Truth being told when you see a bad ass 20 year old navy seal having to shuffle when he runs you know it's heavy. So I have re evaluated what I consider to be essential kit. And know I also understand why those crazy jihadist run around fighting in there pajamas instead of full kit. Better to die from a stray fragment than from heat exaustion I guess. So when your feeling frisky pop a energy drink and out all your kit on and go do hard exercise for 10 minutes and come back and let us all know how it went. Maybe you'll be like hell
That was easy I should have added two more mags.
I have to admit my wife was correct when she told me
I was crazy buying all this crap. Not because I'm wrong about the threat sooner or later. But because I'm going to have a heart attack trying to where it all and run around. Anyway hope you guys enjoy it and let
Me know if I'm not the only armchair commando who had and enlightening experience.
fact^^

IM used to the warm weather given what i do...and sweating my ass off to hump my truck onto a rooftop ( tools) but doing that all day..oh wait i do..add 75 pounds to that should be interesting

Had to carry a Mossberg 500 for hours as we were hunting an armed fugitive.
That bitch weighed about 500 pounds after about two hours. And I was in great shape at the time.

Back
Top Bottom