• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Fountain pens and fine writing instruments

Legal docs...ugh... A Parker with a couple of dozen cheap Chinese refills on hand. Either that or steal pens every time you go to the bank. ;)

Once upon a time I was a motivated rising executive. Style mattered. Lol.

I don't recall how much I spent on this but it was a ridiculous amount if applied to my new standard of what is valuable and important.

image.jpeg

Test drive a Noodler's Ahab. I got one for 23 bucks. It's made of a "celluloid resin" and smells funky and feels light and cheap but the flex nib writes AWESOME! And it had a BIG piston converter which can be removed to make the whole body one massive dropper filled cartridge. I will be doing most of my practicing with it.

Also Noodler's ink is like nib oil. So smooth and rich.

Test drive a Noodler's Ahab. I got one for 23 bucks. It's made of a "celluloid resin" and smells funky and feels light and cheap but the flex nib writes AWESOME! And it had a BIG piston converter which can be removed to make the whole body one massive dropper filled cartridge. I will be doing most of my practicing with it.

Also Noodler's ink is like nib oil. So smooth and rich.
I've never been too interested in the flex or anything, but I may try it one day. I have 2 bottles of ink- Noodler's Black and Noodler's Baystate Blue.

Something a little different: I learned drafting and design back in the last few years before CAD began to take over the industry. I learned using both pencil and ink velum to draw survey drawings, building plans/elevations, etc - and I still have a few old sets of Koh I noor technical ink pens. These days I prefer to do art/illustration, and it's enjoyable drawing with a good pen and ink on vellum. Here's a good example of the work using varied nib widths:

Back
Top Bottom