• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Ford vs Chevy Tug of War

I have a '97 Silverado,245000 miles still kicking....
150516_001.jpg

Ford actually started the bailout with the Government Chrysler and Gm followed suit. They were all for it and was asking for more money than Chrysler but less than GM. Ford did go to some of the meetings and pulled out of the last meetings. After GM and Chrysler took their bailout monies Ford went back and asked for 5.9 Million the majority of the money went to pay for retooling of their plants. All three manufactures were granted the bailout money. Ford was the least then Chrysler then GM. Chrysler paid theirs back first with interest, then Ford and GM was last but it was paid. All three were paid back before the loan mature dates. And all three were paid back with interest. For some reason Ford managed to stay out of the media unlike the other two. They kept it under radar and have managed to come out of the 2008 financial crisis quicker and a little stronger than Chrysler and GM.

Ford actually started the bailout with the Government Chrysler and Gm followed suit. They were all for it and was asking for more money than Chrysler but less than GM. Ford did go to some of the meetings and pulled out of the last meetings. After GM and Chrysler took their bailout monies Ford went back and asked for 5.9 Million the majority of the money went to pay for retooling of their plants. All three manufactures were granted the bailout money. Ford was the least then Chrysler then GM. Chrysler paid theirs back first with interest, then Ford and GM was last but it was paid. All three were paid back before the loan mature dates. And all three were paid back with interest. For some reason Ford managed to stay out of the media unlike the other two. They kept it under radar and have managed to come out of the 2008 financial crisis quicker and a little stronger than Chrysler and GM.

Because ford stacks em deep and sells em cheap! You get what you pay for.

Speaking from experience I freaking hate Chevy vehicles.....Yes Fords diesel line has had its problems but that was Navistar ****, let's not forget about GM's diesel before they got duramax to build their engines.

Yeah they had the reliable 6.5L and the 6.2L. Both of which were built for economy, not for power. I still drive my 6.2 daily '86 CUCV, just keeps rollin. Look on craigslist at the 6.5s for sale, there's still a bunch out there and most with 200k (or more) miles. Great motors but not power houses like the Cummins 12V and the 7.3 turned out to be. But Chevy always had a great gas motor (454) to fall back on....unlike the other guys.

Yeah they had the reliable 6.5L and the 6.2L. Both of which were built for economy, not for power. I still drive my 6.2 daily '86 CUCV, just keeps rollin. Look on craigslist at the 6.5s for sale, there's still a bunch out there and most with 200k (or more) miles. Great motors but not power houses like the Cummins 12V and the 7.3 turned out to be. But Chevy always had a great gas motor (454) to fall back on....unlike the other guys.

Ford messed up when they stopped building the 428! That was their strongest most dependable engine.

Not saying you're wrong but I recall all three companies sending their CEOs to the meeting and the Ford CEO refusing to go back. I worked at a Ford lot in 06 and had to watch a video called The Way Forward in which they told how Ford would cut losses and get back to profitability. The first step was to dump the loser brands that were a drag on the brand like Jaguar and Land Rover. And admittedly closing some plants and moving production to other facilities was a part of the plan.
Again, I'm not claiming to be 100% right here but I don't recall Ford wanting to take part in the big bailout. And it could be that the country is wrong but lots of folks recall it the same way. Because previous hardcore GM owners went with Ford after 09.
Really, the way I recall it is that the three CEOs flew down in corporate jets and the Regime gave them a ration of **** for flying in on private jets while the Obama's fly around on a tax payer funded public jet. And the Ford CEO went back to Dearborn and said that they didn't need the money THAT bad. And I wouldn't blame him at all.

But the fact is that none of the big three would have these type of problems if it were for the parasite known as the UAW.
Here u go.

http://www.factcheck.org/2011/09/ford-motor-co-does-u-turn-on-bailouts/

Well as you well know by now facts have little to do with perception. So if Ford still gets credit for bucking the bailout I'm fine with that. Everyone on the left seems to give the regime credit for imaginary facts. So it might as well work the other way once in a while.

Back
Top Bottom