• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Ford vs Chevy Tug of War

They flew under the radar because it was after Chrysler and GM took their "BAILOUT" and Ford asked for a secure loan in case economy got worse and the 5.9 mil to rebuild, retool and to design new engines. That is exactly what the other two did, plus pay off a few bills. I am not taking sides here even though I am partial to the MoPar's and GM products. It just drives me crazy when I hear all the blue oval buddies talking about how FORD would never take a bailout and that they would only buy from them for now on. And how they will never buy or allow friends and family to buy a car made by the other two.

They flew under the radar because it was after Chrysler and GM took their "BAILOUT" and Ford asked for a secure loan in case economy got worse and the 5.9 mil to rebuild, retool and to design new engines. That is exactly what the other two did, plus pay off a few bills. I am not taking sides here even though I am partial to the MoPar's and GM products. It just drives me crazy when I hear all the blue oval buddies talking about how FORD would never take a bailout and that they would only buy from them for now on. And how they will never buy or allow friends and family to buy a car made by the other two.
Admittedly I don't know all the details of the bailout. I do know this. The Regime helped the UAW tell the stock holders in GM and Chrysler to go get ****ed. The whole point of the bailout as far as I can see was to put the union heads in charge. They have bent the big three over for more and more over the years to the point of nearly killing the golden goose. So if Ford built an assembly plant in Mexico its very easy for me to see why. I would rather they built it down south in right to work states. But unions have a way of creeping in on you.
After the bailout there were GM and Chrysler lots that got closed down suddenly all over the country. They were all GOP donors. I read that on Drudge right after it went down along with names and locations of the lots. As I recall and I'm not claiming to be 100% here but they were all GM and Chrysler lots on the list. The only thing I can take from that is that the Regime had more control over those brands and lots than they did over Ford lots.
As I recall it the 09 bailout was the second time around for Chrysler. I don't hate Chrysler even though they've had more than their share of failing products. Chrysler should have been allowed to fail or whatever was the next solution for their problems. But that would never happen because the UAW is all powerful and one of the biggest Democrat donors.
In short I can't say if Ford is any better than the other two from a financial or political standpoint. But I do know that it was ALL about the unions and their money and power.

They all should have been allowed to fail. Banks should have to. Ain't nobody there to bail the common man out. Just have to hold belly up and start over. Never have liked fords other than the Mustang. I have owned an Expedition at one time just because that's what the wife wanted.

Yes Sir! Put a loaded trailer behind them and send up through the mtns. And out through the desert and see who last. You might can tug your buddy across a parking lot. But put 20000 +/- lbs behind your truck and see who is left standing
"Tug of war" contests are all but useless - nothing more than which vehicle is heavier and has the best tires.

Challenge accepted.

So on my drive to work today, I saw 9 older Chevys, and 1 older Ford. It was a twenty minute trip and by older, I mean 1999 and later.

So using this wildly unscientific method, I still have to say that there are many more old Chevys on the road than old Fords. Especially when you factor in the claim made in this thread that the Ford F-series is the highest selling truck ever. If it's true, and I'm not saying it ain't, I should have seen more Fords.

To be fair, I did see another old Ford that I didn't count... Because it was sitting at a mechanics shop.

"Tug of war" contests are all but useless - nothing more than which vehicle is heavier and has the best tires.
There is another very important factor, driver skill.

If a driver hammers it, and breaks traction, then he can probably be pulled around like his truck was on ice skates.

They all should have been allowed to fail. Banks should have to. Ain't nobody there to bail the common man out. Just have to hold belly up and start over. Never have liked fords other than the Mustang. I have owned an Expedition at one time just because that's what the wife wanted.
I get it. And I agree that if you can't run a successful business venture it should fail no matter what size it is. It's kinda like falling down the stairs. The more you fight it 5he worse you get hurt. So just roll with it and dust yourself off when its done. For the government to come in and keep popping up ANY business is wrong and just putting off the inevitable.
Everybody has their brands they like and dislike. But I WILL be the first one to admit when GM does something right. Unfortunately when they do something I like they usually discontinue it before too long. When the HHR first appeared I thought it was a blatant PT Cruiser ripoff. But eventually they did what Chrysler wouldn't do even though they promised to do it. Chevy produced an HHR Panel which still had 4 doors but looked like a 2 door. Now THAT was cool! Unfortunately it had no back seat at all and no option for one. So that killed it for me buying one. But that's more my issue than theirs.
The other thing that pissed me off is that they finally got their **** together over at Pontiac and started making some cool quality cars. And then they killed Pontiac all together. Why kill Pontiac and keep Buick or GMC? There is no point whatsoever in having two of the same truck brands with different badges.
Last point I will give GM is that the Cadillac coupe they've been building for the last few years is really badass. I grew up loving Cadillacs and it looked for a while like they would disappear. I worked at a Caddy lot in the mid 90s so I know what I'm talking about. And that was before the Ex-Calade.
Anyway. I like Fords. I can't afford one now . So we drive a Kia Soul. But I still believe that apples to apples the Ford products are superior. But that's my opiy and preferànce. I'm sure y'all can dabate it here for years just like 9mm vs 45ACP or AR vs AK.

Back
Top Bottom